Patching waders

abbie mcmullen

Mar 12, 2018, 2:06:56 PM3/12/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
What is everyone favorite method for patching waders? I have a small hole behind the knee of my Simms waders. Thanks!

vladimir polivanov

Mar 12, 2018, 2:26:22 PM3/12/18
to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders
For neoprene waders Aquaseal  works great. Not sure
 how well it would or would not work on non neoprene waders

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Yambag Nelson

Mar 12, 2018, 3:14:05 PM3/12/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I just use the little kit that simms provides with the waders.  Has always worked fine for me.

The Shad Hammer

Mar 12, 2018, 4:51:25 PM3/12/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey Abbie,

I've used a UV resin successfully on my wader pinholes. Try a small amount cured on the outside, then a tiny bit on the inside too.

I carry a small tube of the stuff in my fishing bag for various dork emergencies  :)

Steve

Richard Farino

Mar 12, 2018, 7:01:55 PM3/12/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Abbie,

Most waders are patchable easily with AquaSeal. Rub a small portion into the pinhole and let it cure overnight.

If the waders are Gore-Tex, put some rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle and spray around the area wherever you think might be a pinhole. Any tears in the facing fabric on the back of the wader and the Gore-Tex will absorb it and turn dark grey/black. Circle it with a pen or a marker and when the alcohol evaporates, do the same thing with the AquaSeal to seal the waders.

You can fish in them the next morning.

On 3/12/18, 2:06 PM, "abbie mcmullen" <tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com on behalf of abbie.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

What is everyone favorite method for patching waders? I have a small hole behind the knee of my Simms waders. Thanks!

Connor Donovan

Mar 13, 2018, 9:42:46 AM3/13/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Tear-Aid is wonderful as well for both small and big jobs.  I use it with a UV cure product or aqua-seal along the edges to ensure it holds well.  For small holes, cutting the tape into a circle will do you best to keep the edges from peeling.

My buddy took a tumble on the Jackson a few winters ago.  He had a five inch by five inch gash in the knee-thigh area.  That night we utilized a combo of the tear-aid and UV wader repair by Loon.  They were good to go the next morning and have been dry ever since.