Tidal Basin

539 lượt xem
Chuyển tới thư đầu tiên chưa đọc

Mitch Wander

chưa đọc,
11:12:58 2 thg 4, 20152/4/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Any bites so far at Tidal Basin with current mid-day temps?

Willing to share stories, baits/lures and locations along the Tidal Basin?

Thanks!

Mitch

Carl Z.

chưa đọc,
14:55:23 2 thg 4, 20152/4/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I'm gunna wait until after the Cherry Blossom festival.

Mitch

--
http://www.tpfr.org

tperkins

chưa đọc,
16:36:24 2 thg 4, 20152/4/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Yea, it is about to get crazy there with tourists. Poppers, clousers, hoppers, nymphs, they all work. Fishing close to the wall is productive pretty much all over. You never know what is going to bite!

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Mitch Wander <mwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any bites so far at Tidal Basin with current mid-day temps?

Willing to share stories, baits/lures and locations along the Tidal Basin?

Thanks!

Mitch

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Mitch Wander

chưa đọc,
17:47:54 2 thg 4, 20152/4/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the tips.

I tried an hour today mostly with rooster trails and spinners. No luck, but wind gusts caused very rough water.

Will try again next week.

Mitch

river rat

chưa đọc,
21:07:06 18 thg 5, 201518/5/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
i used a 1/16 oz jig head, tipped with a 1 inch chartreuse gulp alive minnow, fished about 3 feet beneath a small bobber.  i caught hand-sized bluegills, eating-sized white perch, yellow perch, large blue catfish, and 10-pound carp.  and all were caught close to the wall, no need to cast far out.  the funny thing is, i was fishing for crappie and never caught one.

Ryan DiAndrea

chưa đọc,
08:41:33 19 thg 5, 201519/5/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Im always afraid of hooking tourist. Wheres the best place to fish the basin?

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Daren Purnell

chưa đọc,
10:39:50 24 thg 5, 201524/5/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I used a clouser minnor and jigged along the wall by the FDR memorial; I caught a 1 1/2 smallmouth and couple of decent sized bluegill.

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 11:12:58 AM UTC-4, Mitch Wander wrote:

Aaron O

chưa đọc,
07:44:35 25 thg 5, 201525/5/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
How do you catch 1 1/2 smallmouth?

Jeffrey Silvan

chưa đọc,
10:16:01 25 thg 5, 201525/5/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

A snakehead ate the other half.

On May 25, 2015 7:44 AM, "Aaron O" <osh...@gmail.com> wrote:
How do you catch 1 1/2 smallmouth?

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Daren Purnell

chưa đọc,
14:35:04 25 thg 5, 201525/5/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Sorry 1 1/2 lb

Patrick Reilly

chưa đọc,
11:41:33 29 thg 5, 201529/5/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I went down last night and fished for an hour after work (6:30-7:30). Used my 5wt orvis clearwater, with sinking leader and a white clouser with green flashdo(I think I described that right). Started at the first steps down to the water from the FDR memorial, casted and walked another 2 or 3 feet, casted again.  Finished about a quarter mile closer to the intake at the second set of stairs down to the water from the FDR.  Had a bunch of nibbles, inlcuding a 5 inch small mouth that tried to grab the fly as I was pulling it out to cast agin. Caught 3 fish: 1) a 6 inch perch that fell off as I was pulling it out of the water (so no pictures); 2) the 4 inch fish in the first picture (a perch? I have no idea as it looks too yellow to me),; 3) and then a 12-14 inch catfish (2nd and 3rd pic).  The cat took a good 5 minutes or so of fighting to bring in and bent my 5wt straight down (thought it was going to break).

Caught the small fish (first picture) fishing right a long the wall (side cast 10-15 feet, let sink 5 seconds and strip in). Caught the other throwing 10-15 feet into the basin and both took the fly about 5-6 feet from the wall.

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:35:04 PM UTC-4, Daren Purnell wrote:
Sorry 1 1/2 lb

Lane Thurgood

chưa đọc,
12:01:07 29 thg 5, 201529/5/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
It's a bluegill.  BUT I know several old-timers who call all brim "sun perch."  So that's where you are getting the perch reference.  And by "brim" I am referring to that mass of bluegill, redears, green sunfish, et cet... and their hybrids that southerners helpfully lump together as "brim."

On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 11:41:33 AM UTC-4, Patrick Reilly wrote:
...  the 4 inch fish in the first picture (a perch? I have no idea as it looks too yellow to me),;
Bài viết đã bị xóa

Anderson Thomas

chưa đọc,
13:15:01 29 thg 5, 201529/5/15
đến tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Karma strikes.  It my attempt to be a smart ass, I misspelled "amenity."  So it goes...

Anderson Thomas
Sent from my iPhone

On May 29, 2015, at 13:10, Andy Thomas <andrs...@gmail.com> wrote:

We southerners, despite our reputations, spell it "bream", the same way Merriam-Webster spells it.  "Brim" refers to the brim of a hat, not a fish.  Despite our lack of electricity or modern aminities down south, we can still spell.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
Trả lời tất cả
Trả lời tác giả