Rains and the Potomac

Barracuda

Apr 27, 2017, 11:36:10 AM4/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Does anyone know how much the recent rain has affected the Potomac (from Chain Bridge to Fletchers)? Or rather, whether the river is likely to be too muddy to fish Fri-Sat-Sun?

Scott Stankus

Apr 27, 2017, 11:39:13 AM4/27/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

--
http://www.tpfr.org

"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who don't"

Brian Cohen

Apr 27, 2017, 11:48:02 AM4/27/17
to Carl Z.
Fished it this morning from 6:00-9:00.    Looked fine - not too high, and clear enough to fish.

That said, I got skunked, and not many of the boats around us seemed to be catching much either.

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Barracuda <omar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know how much the recent rain has affected the Potomac (from Chain Bridge to Fletchers)? Or rather, whether the river is likely to be too muddy to fish Fri-Sat-Sun?

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Andrew M

Yambag Nelson

Apr 27, 2017, 12:57:49 PM4/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I got out for a bit yesterday afternoon and didn't do great. A couple hickories was all. Nowhere near what it was like a couple of weeks ago.

Also, have the hickories been running small for everyone else this year? I caught one huge one in March but other than that the biggest ones from this have been what I would consider average for the last couple years.

Rob Snowhite

Apr 27, 2017, 12:58:52 PM4/27/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
We're catching loads of fish right now. Perch are taking the flies before the shad.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 27, 2017, at 11:36 AM, Barracuda <omar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does anyone know how much the recent rain has affected the Potomac (from Chain Bridge to Fletchers)? Or rather, whether the river is likely to be too muddy to fish Fri-Sat-Sun?

--
http://www.tpfr.org

tperkins

Apr 27, 2017, 3:35:32 PM4/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I actually thought the opposite. It seemed like everything was running bigger this year. Some smaller hickories in the mix, but lots of big ones too. Though I have spent a lot more time in the boat this near and next to no time on shore.

KLm Klm

Apr 28, 2017, 7:35:28 PM4/28/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
It was murky and high today