Catfish fight

Parker

Jun 4, 2019, 10:05:20 AM6/4/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I was paddling above Key Bridge yesterday and came across two 20lb blue catfish locked jaw to jaw thrashing around on the surface. You never know what you will see in the Potomac!

N Elgas

Jun 4, 2019, 12:27:51 PM6/4/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I saw a video of something very similar on the Potomac fishing report FB page last week

Gregg DiSalvo

Jun 4, 2019, 12:31:08 PM6/4/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Maybe they are taking it upon themselves to rightsize the catfish populations...??

Scott Stankus

Jun 4, 2019, 12:32:17 PM6/4/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
2 fish enter... 1 leaves!

--
http://www.tpfr.org

"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who don't"

John Hammill

Jun 4, 2019, 8:29:15 PM6/4/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Gladiatorial!
Feistiest cat I ever caught—and I’ve accidentally caught a lot—was a saltwater catfish that couldn’t have been longer than 10 inches. Caught it down in Estero Bay, south of Ft. Myers Beach. That little sucker punched (and pulled) way beyond its weight; I thought I’d accidentally snagged a young hammerhead. He punched a hole so deep in my Merrel hiking boots that I had to use both hands and the other foot to pry him off. Threw him back with a salute. It was harder getting the hook out of his mouth than a three foot hammerhead I’d caught earlier.

Sent from my iPhone