How Close To Home Can You Catch A Fish Part 2

Rob Snowhite

Apr 7, 2020, 2:46:29 PM4/7/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Several years ago Trent suggested we all see how many steps it would take from your front door to catch a fish. Today I decided to put my book down and pick up my 1wt rod and look for some big chubs that I spotted last week. We live in Fairfax, Virginia.

Anyone else fishing locally to their front door?

Here is what I found:

Daniel Davala

Apr 7, 2020, 2:58:09 PM4/7/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Sooooo................how many steps from your house was it Rob???  If you didn't count you may just have to do it again!!

HA - great memories - here is the post from the archives for everyone's reference - only 8-years ago!!

Thanks for the video man - nice to see so much greenery too - still a couple weeks up here until we see some leaves show up!

Much love to all TPFRers hunkered down out there!!

Dan

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Daniel Lazenby

Apr 7, 2020, 3:38:36 PM4/7/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Shame you didn't have a copy of the DGIF Field Guide to Freshwater Fishes of Virginia with you. 😊

Daniel

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 2:46 PM Rob Snowhite <r...@robsnowhite.com> wrote:

Rob

Apr 8, 2020, 7:40:46 AM4/8/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
This guy wins for shortest distance to catch a fish.

Extraordinary moment an angler catches a fish from his BALCONY

https://mol.im/a/8198553

Sent from my iPhone

namfos

Apr 8, 2020, 11:49:19 AM4/8/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
So any ole dry fly?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Lane Thurgood

Apr 9, 2020, 12:18:39 PM4/9/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
l took your challenge, Rob.  1,231 steps from my front door to a downed tree on Accotink Creek running past my neighborhood.  Bluegill and green sunfish aplenty.  My replies are getting automatically deleted, I assume because I'm attaching pictures, so I won't attach one to this one.

N Elgas

Apr 9, 2020, 3:10:46 PM4/9/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

2500 steps from my door to broad run.  Sunnies, LMB, Smallies,  perch, crappie,  bull heads,  chubs,  carp and every aquarium fished ever flushed in gainesville.

20190828_132735.jpg

20190828_140106.jpg

20190828_132644.jpg

Trent Jones

Apr 14, 2020, 10:35:29 AM4/14/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Ha!

I love it when an old TPFR post gets a reprise!!

Well done everyone. I have moved since that post 8 years ago and will need to put a session on the books. Its gonna be a lot more than 651 steps this time.

-Trent

Tom Moran

Dalton Terrell

May 25, 2020, 7:22:25 PM5/25/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I’ve been meaning to take this challenge and finally made it happen on our evening walk. 431 steps.

1F8D15B9-F146-43FB-B64F-8825C77BCE67.jpeg
BEF3CA26-11CF-42A9-B92B-A0EDC7F9EDE3.jpeg

arthur noglak

May 29, 2020, 8:15:57 AM5/29/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
great work Dalton!

Art

namfos

May 29, 2020, 12:26:43 PM5/29/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Costa makes polarized shades that small? 😎

Jason Paragas

Jun 3, 2020, 8:08:29 AM6/3/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders