C&O Canal Carp Crawlin'

Ashley Frohwein

Sep 28, 2016, 1:21:49 PM9/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The carp fishing on the canal was pretty epic last Saturday. I caught 3 and missed hooksets on 5-6. As you'll see in the video (accessible via the link below), though, I need to be more careful once I've got the fish in the net. Enjoy watching me crawl into and out of a storm drain. Now, none of you can ever question my commitment to catch and release.

Scott Stankus

Sep 28, 2016, 1:44:50 PM9/28/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hahaha! That video is hilarious! Well done sir!

--
http://www.tpfr.org

"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who don't"

Steven Butler

Sep 28, 2016, 2:08:24 PM9/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Ha! This is amazing. Well done!

tperkins

Sep 28, 2016, 3:13:51 PM9/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
That's great! May I suggest a bigger net?

Jeffrey Silvan

Sep 28, 2016, 4:21:01 PM9/28/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I bought a net specifically for the canal. It's got a telescoping handle that extends to 48 inches and has a huge basket.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

tperkins

Sep 28, 2016, 4:33:13 PM9/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Yea I picked up something similar, and it folds which makes it easier to carry on my bike.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 3:13 PM, tperkins <thomas....@gmail.com> wrote:
That's great! May I suggest a bigger net?

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 2:08:24 PM UTC-4, Steven Butler wrote:
Ha! This is amazing. Well done!

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 1:21:49 PM UTC-4, Ashley Frohwein wrote:
The carp fishing on the canal was pretty epic last Saturday. I caught 3 and missed hooksets on 5-6. As you'll see in the video (accessible via the link below), though, I need to be more careful once I've got the fish in the net. Enjoy watching me crawl into and out of a storm drain. Now, none of you can ever question my commitment to catch and release.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Ashley Frohwein

Art Friedlander

Sep 28, 2016, 5:01:43 PM9/28/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Great
Can you say generally what section of the canal you were fishing?
Thanks

The carp fishing on the canal was pretty epic last Saturday. I caught 3 and missed hooksets on 5-6. As you'll see in the video (accessible via the link below), though, I need to be more careful once I've got the fish in the net. Enjoy watching me crawl into and out of a storm drain. Now, none of you can ever question my commitment to catch and release.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Ashley Frohwein

Sep 28, 2016, 6:49:45 PM9/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Between locks 6 and 7.

arthur...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 9:05:33 PM9/28/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Great video man!! That was very cool

Art

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 28, 2016, at 6:49 PM, Ashley Frohwein <ashleyf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Between locks 6 and 7.
>
> --
> http://www.tpfr.org
> ---

Bob Smith

Sep 28, 2016, 9:11:47 PM9/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Trent Jones

Sep 28, 2016, 9:15:52 PM9/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The life and times of Ashley Frohwein. Freaking classic, I love it.

Great minds must think alike, I bought a net last year that has only held C&O canal Carp in it.

Let it rain!

-Trent

Al Warner

Sep 28, 2016, 9:19:05 PM9/28/16
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Amazing, Ashley.  Good Work!  You deserve the TPFR Dumpster Diving Award which is that you get to do this again and again and … J

The carp fishing on the canal was pretty epic last Saturday. I caught 3 and missed hooksets on 5-6. As you'll see in the video (accessible via the link below), though, I need to be more careful once I've got the fish in the net. Enjoy watching me crawl into and out of a storm drain. Now, none of you can ever question my commitment to catch and release.

--

http://www.tpfr.org

Ashley Frohwein

Sep 29, 2016, 9:02:41 AM9/29/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'd like to say I've learned my lesson, but I'm sure I'll be rummaging through sewage again at some point. Glad y'all liked.

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 9:19:05 PM UTC-4, Al wrote:

Amazing, Ashley.  Good Work!  You deserve the TPFR Dumpster Diving Award which is that you get to do this again and again and … J

Sep 29, 2016, 9:08:53 AM9/29/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
That was indeed epic! Nice work, real dedication. TPFR definitely has room for more than one carp whisperer. You need to stand up and take a bow at the next Beer Tie.

If I'd gone into that drain, I'd still be there. ;-)

Mark

Ashley Frohwein

Sep 29, 2016, 12:15:23 PM9/29/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'll be there. Maybe we could do a screening.