guide near tampa or DIY locations

Nedak

Sep 15, 2016, 7:47:42 AM9/15/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Heading to TPA for work  Looking for any suggestions on DIY locations and.or fly guide.   Thanks.
Message has been deleted

Miles

Sep 16, 2016, 4:06:25 PM9/16/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Jim Kammel - former member of TPFR - guides in the Tampa Bay Area. I went out with him twice last week when I was down there, and he was great. He is at Catcher And The Fly - http://thecatcherandthefly.com

When you get in touch, let him know that you are in TPFR.

best,
Miles

Rob Shane

Sep 19, 2016, 1:41:43 PM9/19/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
If you haven't already taken this trip yet, i would suggest fort desoto for dyi. rent a kayak down there and paddle your way around the mangroves. There are some ferries down there that will take you down to shell key preserve too which offers pretty solid walk/wade fishing in the flats or surf if you don't have a vehicle.

Nedak

Sep 24, 2016, 11:59:26 AM9/24/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Miles- Great suggestion.  I connected with Jim and got an evening trip out of Dunedin.

Fish tally was 2 redfish, countless ladyfish, 2 sea trout, couple of catfish.  Could have caught ladyfish and catfish all night.

Jim was great, reasonable and very knowledgeable.  Highly recommend him if you are in the area.