最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

October Caddis

未読、
2018/01/02 11:24:122018/01/02
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey gang, it looks like I'll have some free time in the Outer banks this month. I'll be very flexible location-wise, but probably can't spring for a guide. Can a guy still get by doing DIY in the surf this time of year? I'm a moderately skilled salt angler and have DIY'd it successfully on both coasts for an array of species, but this might be a new challenge. Any ideas would be very welcome!

Yambag Nelson

未読、
2018/01/02 12:21:492018/01/02
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I honestly wouldn't go expecting much. There can occasionally be bluefish on the beach but it is extremely sporadic and difficult to predict. When I lived in nc I would sometimes shoot out to the outer banks based on a good report and it was always a should have been here yesterday thing. Also, fishing the surf is a lot different then fishing flats or the open oceans. Can be pretty frustrating.

Charlie Church

未読、
2018/01/02 12:47:482018/01/02
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
To add onto what Yam said, it looks like there is a pretty bad fish kill occurring right now due to water temps.

I'm sure it's happening down there as well. The photos I have seen this morning in VB are not good.

John Mathews

未読、
2018/01/03 14:29:322018/01/03
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I used to live and fish the SOBX, Cape Lookout area and they are having a pretty good fish kill right now to.  Not much going on in the surf zone even if it were not rteally cold..

John Mathews

Charlie Church

未読、
2018/01/11 8:55:462018/01/11
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I don't know if you already went or not, but if not....there is a really good drum bite going on now in Hatteras.

I might actually make the run this weekend.

October Caddis

未読、
2018/01/11 15:07:082018/01/11
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Turns out this is the weekend I had in mind, and that probably decides it. Thanks!IF you've any suggestions on flies/lines/technique, they'd be appreciated.

Charlie Church

未読、
2018/01/11 16:01:462018/01/11
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Will shoot you a pm

October Caddis

未読、
2018/01/18 14:22:402018/01/18
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Just wanted to alert everyone: thanks to Charlie's guidance and suggestions, I made a Hatteras run last weekend and met my first couple of redfish. Had a blast, gorgeous place, can't imagine how nice it must be when not freezing.

On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 4:01:46 PM UTC-5, Charlie Church wrote:
Will shoot you a pm

Charlie Church

未読、
2018/01/22 10:17:562018/01/22
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
A few friends and I went down and got a few this weekend as well. Very nice class of reds for us (mid to upper slot).

Pelagicide

未読、
2018/01/27 12:45:312018/01/27
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Charlie - did you make the run? If you're ever looking for someone to split the gas and driving I'm up for making the run down there if it's based on info from a local and not just internet chatter. I used to do it pretty frequently and am looking forward to a good Drum bite. Give me a shout and we can split the gas and driving time; I know from experience how that drive can be a bear in the middle of the night after a full day. Give me a yell!

On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 8:55:46 AM UTC-5, Charlie Church wrote:
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送
新着メール 0 件