Пређи на прву непрочитану поруку

Robert Shane

непрочитано,
20. 10. 2014. 12:13:1520.10.14.
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
For what it's worth, it seems as if the Yough has been stocked recently. Was out there this past weekend and caught some decent rainbows and saw other people catching fish pretty frequently. I know it's a long drive from DC but just thought I'd put it out there for the group if anyone is making a trip up that way soon. Also heard from the Savage River Outfitters they stocked the upper savage and people were having decent success there too. I know stocking schedules are on the md dnr website but have heard the dates are always iffy with Fall weather.

Joe K

непрочитано,
21. 10. 2014. 08:31:1221.10.14.
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Robert, where do you fish the Yough?

Robert Shane

непрочитано,
21. 10. 2014. 09:17:0421.10.14.
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
This past weekend was the first time I'd ever been there but there are two small parking lots with access on Sang Run Rd (39.565558, -79.426653) just upstream from the bridge. I don't know the water patterns there very well but we were able to wade from the first lot down to the bridge; a little less than a quarter mile. Water was in great shape but I would love if anyone who's a little more familiar could add some detail to this river; other access points, successful flies, camping in the area, etc. We caught all our fish on salmon egg flies and I saw other people having success with spinning gear. This run is all catch and release but artificial lures only. This rainbow we caught didn't have a ton of color which gave me the impression of recent stocking. Caught a nice 12' holdover brown too.

yough.JPG

Matthew Longley

непрочитано,
24. 10. 2014. 11:37:3924.10.14.
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I've fished the Yough when it was big and nasty, and didn't connect with anything.  But I did spend a great day on Meadow run, which is right outside of Ohiopyle.  Definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to get into some stocked fish, great place to learn and hone your skills.

On Monday, October 20, 2014 12:13:15 PM UTC-4, Robert Shane wrote:

Joe K

непрочитано,
24. 10. 2014. 12:59:3224.10.14.
– tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Robert, I grew up fishing the lower part of the Yough in West Newton, PA.... a wonderful place to catch smallies. Although I haven't fished the Yough in Maryland, I have had great success just below the dam in Confluence, PA. The water is cold all year-round making it a great breeding ground for big fish. I've also had success on Laurel Hill Creek and Jones Mill run - both smaller water but great places to spend an afternoon.
Одговори свима
Одговори аутору
Проследи
0 нових порука