Burke Lake…

Brookes Outdoors

May 31, 2024, 6:37:39 AMMay 31
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

My latest scribbles for the Fairfax Times newspaper that may be of interest to NoVA fly rodders:  Burke Lake in Fairfax County.

https://www.fairfaxtimes.com/arts_entertainment/burke-lake-is-fab-for-fishing/article_6571f398-1942-11ef-9cc4-3ba434836d45.html

Slack hurts,

Pete

Pete Brookes

Brookes Outdoors

peter odell

May 31, 2024, 7:26:09 AMMay 31
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'm curious about other opinions - when I first started fishing here in 2006, Burke was really great, but the last 2 or 3 years I've had a much harder time except if the crappie are spawning in the end by the dam.  Does not seem to be as many bass or panfish.  Is it me :-) ?

Misha Gill

Jun 2, 2024, 4:00:13 PMJun 2
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Peter, are you fishing from the shore or a kayak? I've only ever fished it from shore, and it's a bit limited except around the dam, so I can't speak much to what stage of any cycle the lake might be in.

peter odell

Jun 3, 2024, 10:53:29 AMJun 3
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
All kayak, I mostly launch from the South end with free access/ramp.

Brian

Jun 3, 2024, 1:19:34 PMJun 3
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
didn't know they had snakeheads...