Stripers this time of year

180 vues

Terry C

non lue,
12 déc. 2016, 15:01:0712/12/2016
à Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Anyone going over to Point Lookout fishing for stripers this time of year.  Wondering if its worth a trip over there with my spey rod ?

Ashley Frohwein

non lue,
12 déc. 2016, 15:31:1312/12/2016
à Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
i've been twice in the last two months, and won't be going back anytime soon. 3 stripers was my best showing

Parker Cromley

non lue,
14 déc. 2016, 23:05:0014/12/2016
à Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I spent a decent amount of time down there this fall chasing the puppy drum that run up into those creeks down there. I had one day where I caught 20+ stripers all over 16 inches. Last time I went was in early November and there was nothing moving. To be fair it was during a new moon and the tides were really weak. So far from my experience if you cannot get the tides right don't waste your time. Also don't forget to check NOAA forcast for wind!!

Ashley Frohwein

non lue,
15 déc. 2016, 11:39:4415/12/2016
à Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I second checking the wind. The first time I went, wind was 25-35mph all day. It was hell.
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message