Beer Tie and Holiday Party - Monday, December 12 - Big Raffle and Ugly Sweater Contest

165 ዕይታዎች
ወደ የመጀመሪያው ያልተነበበ መልዕክት ዝለል

Dalton Terrell

ያልተነበበ፣
8 ዲሴም 2016 3:08:10 ከሰዓት08/12/2016
ለ Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Next Monday, December 12, marks our final Beer Tie of 2016 and we'll be celebrating the holidays. As always, the doors open at 6PM to the Sandbar and they kick us out at 10PM. They'll have half-priced burgers and beer specials all night.

We have a big raffle lined up with several gently used rods donated from local Orvis stores, including a Scott SVS 8'6 5wt, White River CV2 8'6" 5wt, a Courtland 5/6wt, and more. We'll also have other prizes, including a signed copy of "Fish On, Fish Off" from last month's guest, Stephen Sautner. I'll keep you posted if we find and accrue more prizes.

Wear your ugly holiday sweaters for the Ugly Sweater Contest, we'll be giving away a rod for the ugliest sweater in the house!

Rob Snowhite will be teaching at the beginner's table from 7-9PM, so grab a seat there early if you want to learn a new pattern.

Thanks,
Dalton

namfos

ያልተነበበ፣
9 ዲሴም 2016 8:27:31 ጥዋት09/12/2016
ለ Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'll bring the Sautner book and if you want them, some River Journals that didn't get scooped up in October.

Mark

Rob Snowhite

ያልተነበበ፣
9 ዲሴም 2016 8:33:49 ጥዋት09/12/2016
ለ tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Ive got some fully loaded fly boxes, a fish board game, some new shirts, feather capes, and more for the raffle.

We'll be tying up some iclcle crystal buggers.

Rob Snowhite

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Dalton Terrell

ያልተነበበ፣
9 ዲሴም 2016 9:13:04 ጥዋት09/12/2016
ለ Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders፣r...@robsnowhite.com
Thanks a ton, Rob and Mark!

I just heard from Art that he has JP Ross Fiberglass rod to contribute. I think I have a reel and line in the closet that I can contribute.

Dalton

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 3:08:10 PM UTC-5, Dalton Terrell wrote:
Next Monday, December 12, marks our final Beer Tie of 2016

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Rob Snowhite

ያልተነበበ፣
9 ዲሴም 2016 3:01:03 ከሰዓት09/12/2016
ለ Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Does anyone have 3-4 yards of pearly White estaz to donate to tying?

Dalton Terrell

ያልተነበበ፣
11 ዲሴም 2016 6:33:57 ከሰዓት11/12/2016
ለ Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Another reminder, Beer Tie is coming up tomorrow night.

I'm throwing in a gently used Ross Colorado 0 reel, perfect for your 1-3 wt rods for brook trout fishing, as well as some unused fly lines (WF9F, DT5F, SH7I). One of our members is also planning to throw in a spey rod and reel! This is going to be an excellent party with a big raffle.

Dalton

Adam Soller

ያልተነበበ፣
11 ዲሴም 2016 9:31:02 ከሰዓት11/12/2016
ለ Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I'm throwing in my first spey rod, an Echo TR 7130.  Great beginner rod or decent backup for anyone looking to pick up a rod that has landed Silver Salmon as far west as Alaska or American and Hickory Shad here on our local waters.  It will come with a Ross CLA 6 spooled with an Airflo Skagit 540 as well as a spool that can be spooled with a Scandi 480 that pairs well with it.

namfos

ያልተነበበ፣
13 ዲሴም 2016 8:30:40 ጥዋት13/12/2016
ለ Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Here's some pics from last night. I thought about cropping out the heads of those in the fugly sweaters...and then had second thoughts about it protecting the "guilty." ;-)  You'll find them here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/81707996@N00/HqF217

Mark

Dalton Terrell

ያልተነበበ፣
13 ዲሴም 2016 8:46:56 ጥዋት13/12/2016
ለ Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for sharing, Mark! I have a couple pics that I might try to get uploaded tonight.

We had a great turnout last night and thanks to everyone's generosity in donating prizes and buying raffle tickets, we raised a little over $600! Lots of ugly sweaters, and a Santa Claus that took the upset win in the contest.

Thanks for all the donations:
Adam Soller: Echo 13' 7wt rod with Ross CLA reel and spare spool with Skagit and Scandi lines
Art Noglak/Orvis Tyson's Corner: JP Ross 7' 3wt rod
Trent Jones/Orvis Bethesda: Scott 8'6" 5 wt, White River 8'6" 5wt, Cortland 8'6" 5/6wt
Rob Snowhite: Wheatley fly box full of wet flies, and loads of fly tying material
Me: Ross Colorado 0 reel, and various fly lines
Parker Cromley/Orvis Arlington: Various books and DVDs
Stephen Sautner: Signed copy of Fish On, Fish Off
Namfos: Collection of River Journals
And several more prizes from awesome members!

Dalton

Dalton Terrell

ያልተነበበ፣
13 ዲሴም 2016 8:40:21 ከሰዓት13/12/2016
ለ tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Here's our "sweater" champ!

--

http://www.tpfr.org

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/0970c682-abf3-4f27-85f6-2e603d19ba31%40googlegroups.com.

namfos

ያልተነበበ፣
14 ዲሴም 2016 8:37:41 ጥዋት14/12/2016
ለ Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Dalton: you can download whichever Flick pix to put up on the Facebook page if you like.

Also: the TPFR logo comes on stickers, shirts and hats - why not have some embroidered patches, such as on the hats, available for sale?One could sew it onto a vest, sling pack, a watch cap, a multi-pocketed "technical fishing shirt" etc.

Mark
ለሁሉም ምላሽ ስጥ
ለፀሃፊው መልስ ስጥ
አስተላልፍ