Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Andrew Sarcinello

no leída,
10 jul 2019, 12:56:20 p.m.10/7/2019
para Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Anyone have any experience fishing the Choptank River on the Eastern Shore in the Greensboro area? Thinking of trying it this weekend.

William Woodard

no leída,
16 jul 2019, 11:13:58 a.m.16/7/2019
para Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey Andrew,

I'm probably late on this reply, but just in case:

I fished the Choptank about 15 years and 2 kids ago, but here's what I can remember:

I was fishing with a friend who had a good-sized boat. We launched about 5 miles from the mouth of the river and drifted out with the tide. Didn't catch much in the river, but out past the mouth there was a large stump field. Can't remember how far out we had to go, but it was definitely a little out in the bay. We drifted over the stumps and got into a bunch of little stripers with a few keeper size fish mixed in. Seems like we caught & released a good bit--maybe 10-15 in a couple of hours. He fished topwater on conventional tackle, and I threw streamers (probably clousers) and then bass-style poppers. They liked the poppers right at dusk. :)

Hope this helps.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar