Fly Fishing Chincoteague Island

Gregg Rockett

Aug 1, 2019, 4:16:50 PM8/1/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I will be in Chincoteague for first weekend of September.  Can fish from kayak or from shore.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Rob

Aug 1, 2019, 5:14:01 PM8/1/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Tom’s Cove is a nice spot.

Dropped pin

Stop in to Poseidon’s Pantry (sandwiches) and ask for Sarah.

Sent from my iPhone

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Andrew Sarcinello

Aug 1, 2019, 8:21:29 PM8/1/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
In a kayak, check out the channel on the south end of Oyster Bay. I've caught puppy drum there in early September. If you want to spin fish, croaker should be around too.

From shore, try around the docks at Memorial Park for small black sea bass, flounder, and snapper blues. Also be sure to check out the fishing pier at the west side of downtown waterfront park. You can catch snapper blues, hickory shad, and schoolie stripers at night there. During daylight hours you'll be able to find needlefish and toadfish.

Andrew Sarcinello

Aug 1, 2019, 8:22:48 PM8/1/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
And you HAVE to try Pico Taqueria. Some of the best tacos I've had.

Gregg Rockett

Aug 2, 2019, 9:38:25 AM8/2/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for that Rob.  So one question (seriously) is the suggestion to as for Sarah because she makes the best sandwiches, or she knows kayak fishing in the area?

On Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 5:14:01 PM UTC-4, Rob wrote:
Tom’s Cove is a nice spot.

Stop in to Poseidon’s Pantry (sandwiches) and ask for Sarah.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 1, 2019, at 3:52 PM, Gregg Rockett <grock...@gmail.com> wrote:

I will be in Chincoteague for first weekend of September.  Can fish from kayak or from shore.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Gregg Rockett

Aug 2, 2019, 9:38:42 AM8/2/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for that.

Rob Snowhite

Aug 2, 2019, 1:04:52 PM8/2/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Sarah was my boss when I was a cheesemonger. She'll put you on soup and sandwiches before she can put you on fish. Though she grew up there so she might have some local insight.

Rob Snowhite

Gregg Rockett

Gregg Rockett

Sep 25, 2019, 9:36:05 PM9/25/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for the guidance.  I was there early in the month and we visited Poseidon.  Hurricane came through on the Friday, which screwed the fishing for Monday and Tuesday.  I spent 9 hours on the kayak at Little Tom's Cove and Oyster Creek with no result.  That's fishing!

Gregg