UV cure resins

Greg Feder

Apr 5, 2024, 6:14:49 PMApr 5
to TPFR
What do you use in your fly tying? Why do you like it? Do you use a no-name UV torch? How do you know it will be the right frequency of light to work?

Looking to upgrade from Sally Hansens hard as nails. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

-- Greg

Sent from my iPhone

David Vazquez

Apr 6, 2024, 8:15:12 AMApr 6
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Greg Feder

Apr 6, 2024, 3:04:08 PMApr 6
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Kevin Brugman

Apr 6, 2024, 3:26:02 PMApr 6
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Greg Feder

Apr 6, 2024, 9:57:38 PMApr 6
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Kevin!

Cheers,

-- Greg

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 6, 2024, at 3:26 PM, Kevin Brugman <klb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Greg,
> --
> http://www.tpfr.org

Bob

Apr 7, 2024, 8:17:16 AMApr 7
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
This product is perfect for flytying. Pin point control, instant drying--been using it for several years!

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 6, 2024, at 3:26 PM, Kevin Brugman <klb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greg,

Greg Feder

Apr 7, 2024, 10:22:29 AMApr 7
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Bob.

I have been using Bondic for several years.  Tim Flagler used it once in one of his videos.

Personally, I don’t like the opaque tube because I never know how much product I have.  I also find the light difficult to use.

I’m glad you find that it works for you, though!!

Cheers,

-- Greg

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 7, 2024, at 8:17 AM, 'Bob' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

This product is perfect for flytying. Pin point control, instant drying--been using it for several years!

Rob Snowhite

Apr 8, 2024, 4:59:09 PMApr 8
to 'Greg Feder' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I have been using Solarez for several years. The most used product is the Bone Dry from the brush bottle. For the squeeze bottles I prefer the orange medium viscosity. It doesn't run off the fly before I can turn on my light. It solidifies clear and solid.