North Branch of the Potomac

Matt Inbusch

Aug 28, 2013, 10:29:39 PM8/28/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Anybody been out that way recently? I fished it a few years ago in mid-summer and it was excellent (can't even remember where exactly, except that is was somewhere near Cumberland...the descriptions lead me to believe we were above Jennings Randolph Lake).  My buddy had tied a bunch of cicadas, of all things, and we just cleaned up.  Some really nice rainbows.  Anyway, any advice is welcome, am thinking of heading that way for the long weekend. Matt

Kevin Chaney

Aug 29, 2013, 10:13:40 AM8/29/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Here are two great blogs you might want to check to get some insight:

and

I'd check the orvis fishing reports site too - they give some updates (done by PJ at savageriver angler).

Kevin Chaney

Aug 29, 2013, 11:53:34 AM8/29/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Current flows and future flows below the dam will be really high.

Steve

Aug 29, 2013, 5:40:24 PM8/29/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I use the link below too.  It is a crap shoot sometimes though.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Matt Inbusch

Steve

Aug 31, 2013, 12:32:04 PM8/31/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Good luck. Looks fishable for the next few days. Lots of poison ivy along the trails. I'd wear waders and don't forget studs and wading staff if you have them, at least around the NB.