"Stop the Snakehead Fishing Derby" is set for June 3

namfos

Apr 21, 2017, 10:20:37 AM4/21/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Philip Brown

Apr 21, 2017, 12:49:25 PM4/21/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Funny,  from the headline, I first thought there was a "Snakehead Fishing Derby",
and you were against it so you wanted people to help "Stop" it.

After going to the link, I now realize that the goal is to stop the snakeheads,
not stop the Derby.

Next year I think they should rename it for better clarity.

Andrew Sarcinello

Apr 21, 2017, 1:31:28 PM4/21/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
HA I thought the exact same thing!

Rex Moore

Apr 21, 2017, 6:25:03 PM4/21/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Truly the most unfortunately named event ever.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

namfos

Apr 24, 2017, 8:02:50 PM4/24/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
"Kill the Snakeheads Fishing Derby" would have worked best for those of us who read only headlines.
Grinning Face on Google Android 7.1

Mark

TurbineBlade

Apr 25, 2017, 8:03:27 PM4/25/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
And for the literalists on here ;).

Gnee

2 secretprobation

Apr 26, 2017, 3:18:53 PM4/26/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
How about "Snakehead Be Gone!" Rodeo

Andrew R

Apr 26, 2017, 4:39:47 PM4/26/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I guess "Kill the Snakeheads, but don't try smacking their heads because their skulls are so damn thick you have to slit their gills, Fishing Derby" wasn't an option?

namfos

Apr 27, 2017, 9:36:46 AM4/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
That's cool!  Or to be sort of Shakespearean: "Out damn snakehead! Out!"

Mark

namfos

Apr 27, 2017, 9:37:36 AM4/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Be tough get all that into a tweet via Twitter. ☺

namfos

Apr 27, 2017, 9:38:25 AM4/27/17
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Damn right, Gnee!