Anything fishable??

abbie mcmullen

Jun 4, 2018, 4:32:18 PM6/4/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey y’all! I have a day off this Wednesday and I was hoping to find something that wasn’t totally blown out with all the storms. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Alexander Vu

Jun 4, 2018, 4:33:53 PM6/4/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Beaver Creek just stocked some trout. Spring creek is to affected too
much with the rain. Call the Fly shop and ask for conditions.

On 6/4/18, 4:32 PM, "abbie mcmullen"
<tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com on behalf of
>--
>http://www.tpfr.org
>---
>https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/185f2852-30a0-
>4cab-a82b-4ad78d40da01%40googlegroups.com.

Andrew Sarcinello

Jun 4, 2018, 4:37:26 PM6/4/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Big Hunting Creek near Thurmont MD

abbie mcmullen

Jun 4, 2018, 5:00:09 PM6/4/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Has beaver creek md been able to maintain a fishable level?

Andrew Sarcinello

Jun 4, 2018, 5:30:53 PM6/4/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Don't know, but even if it flooded this weekend it should drop to a fishable level by Wednesday I would think.

Carl Z.

Jun 5, 2018, 11:13:18 AM6/5/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Check Beaver Creek fly shop's facebook page.  It was high and muddy a few days ago.
Also Check Mike Heck's facebook page.  He's still finding water to guide on.

Go high,  SNP for brookies.  Also check the Fly Shop in Boiling Springs for reports for Yellow Breeches or other Spring Creeks up around Carlisle.

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 5:00 PM, abbie mcmullen <abbie.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has beaver creek md been able to maintain a fishable level?
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Connor Donovan

abbie mcmullen

Jun 5, 2018, 11:57:39 AM6/5/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I have always wanted to fish Jackson! Where is a good access point for wading?

Yambag Nelson

Jun 5, 2018, 12:02:36 PM6/5/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
If you google around the vdgif website there is a map of the lower Jackson that has the access points marked. There is also tons of public access in the hidden valley section above the dam. It fished extremely well over Memorial Day weekend but is primarily stocked fish up there.

abbie mcmullen

Jun 5, 2018, 12:10:34 PM6/5/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Does anyone have any insight on WV streams? I was hoping to stay within 2-2.5 hours from Leesburg area. I’m also not going to be picky on species. Haha I just want to fish!

Alexander Vu

Jun 5, 2018, 12:34:14 PM6/5/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Beaver Creek fly shop does not update their website regularly. I would recommend calling them and ask
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CAK8gq%2BEEMN_nFikJaRt7525jqfVXLEBPg3xCZJuAW%3DBYAW1uTA%40mail.gmail.com.

Kyle Settle

Jun 5, 2018, 12:48:12 PM6/5/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I would recommend Waites Run and Trout Run in Hardy County.

Andrew Sarcinello

Jun 5, 2018, 1:20:02 PM6/5/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I was fishing or rather attempting to fish near Seneca Rocks this past weekend.  The flooding there was pretty bad.  With that said, the entire Seneca Creek drainage and all tributaries are outstanding for wild rainbows and native brook trout. Seneca looked like it was becoming barely fishable as we left Sunday morning, so I think it should be fine now. If not, tributaries such as Horsecamp Run, Strader Run, and Whites Run are quite good, though a little small and occasionally tight casting. Pheasant tail nymphs, small woolly buggers, and caddis or stimulator dry flies always seem to work well out there.