Learning to cast in the area

M G

Jan 24, 2016, 2:13:34 PM1/24/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Cabin feverish...been reading a bunch of back issues of magazines I had stocked up and now I've got trout on the brain. Anywhere indoors one can learn and practice casting in NOVA during these snowed-in months? I got a rod with a reel for xmas ( had been Tenkara fishing exclusively  up until now) and I'd like to learn how to cast it before spring gets here. Also looking for recommendations for a casting instructor.

Thanks

namfos

Jan 25, 2016, 1:53:08 PM1/25/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Watch this space for casting practice at Fletchers - but probably not until some of this crystalline dihydrogen monoxide disperses. See: http://www.fedflyfishers.org/Resources/Locate/CastingInstructors/tabid/301/Default.aspx

Mark

Adam Soller

Jan 25, 2016, 4:02:56 PM1/25/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Email John Bilotta at Georgetown Fly Fishing or search him on here for previous posts.  He is the only Master Fly Casting instructor in the DC region and will help you progress quickly into advanced casting, etc.

When (or if) spring shows up, you can head down to Fletcher's for the 101 classes that Orvis runs (check their site for details or wait for Trent to post something)

Adam

RK

Jan 26, 2016, 9:53:40 PM1/26/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Rob Snowhite knows his way around a rod. He's on this group and is a regular at the beer ties.

Adam Soller

Jan 27, 2016, 3:34:22 PM1/27/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Plus 1 for Rob.  I forgot to mention him earlier as I haven't seen him in a while due to my spotty beer tie attendance thanks to a 9 month old at home. He'll get you out on the water and help you progress your fishing/casting quickly.