American Shad

Animal

Apr 23, 2014, 4:27:47 AM4/23/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
A couple of members of this forum (who I will refer to as clam lippers) were observed absolutely spanking the A shad on the fly yesterday afternoon in boats at Fletcher's Cove. This run is turning out to be the best in years.

Bob Smith

Apr 23, 2014, 9:31:51 AM4/23/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
"clam lippers" ?

Senor_denito

Apr 23, 2014, 11:36:47 PM4/23/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Last Saturday was simply amazing as I landed about 40 or so large hickories.  Sunday was much slower, however I landed my largest shad to date and Gana got into a nice double early on.

What worked best for me was making sure the darts were all the way down deep with a slow retrieve.
A Shad?.jpg
Dubs.jpg