Passing the Baton

Dalton Terrell

Sep 26, 2019, 5:27:13 PM9/26/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
With one shot of sadness mixed with one can of joy, I am announcing that Trent Jones and I are leaving the board of TPFR. Almost exactly four years ago Dan Davala tapped me to fill his Gravelly-stained wading boots, it’s been a hell of a ride and a lot of fun.

As some of you know, the First Lady and I are expecting a child in less than two months, and I am wanting make more time for family and put the club in hands that can provide more attention.

Trent and I have been around since 2009, attending nearly every TPFR event from meetings at the Quincy Street library, dimly-lit Beer Ties at Ri Ra, Casting Churches at Fletcher’s, Rainsboro Fly Fishing and Wine Festivals, and finally Beer Ties at Whitlows. Over the years, I’ve met some of my best friends through the group.

We are handing off the group to some very capable and dedicated hands. Art Noglak (of the infamous Art’s Legal Corner) and Rob Snowhite (snakehead punter, Home Depot fly tyer, podcaster, and fly fishing consultant extraordinaire) to serve as President and Vice President, respectively. They will be reaching out to you to fill some vacant positions in the near future.

Trent and I aren’t going anywhere. You’ll find me at the diaper changing station at Whitlows and Trent laughing at the bathroom door. We look forward to spending another 10 or 30 years with the TPFR crew!

Dalton and Trent

Daniel Davala

Sep 26, 2019, 9:04:11 PM9/26/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Well done, good and faithful servants of the TPFRdom!!  Thank you both for carrying the torch, burning it hot, and holding it high.  I have met some of my very best friends through the club too, you guys among them.  Thank you for your years of work and dedication, to the betterment of many.  I am pleased.

Congratulations Dalton, on the joy that is to come!  And thank you to Art and Rob for taking the helm.  It has been a pleasure to serve with you all over the years.  I am so thankful to see the dream live on in you all!

Dan
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Lane Thurgood

Sep 26, 2019, 10:57:18 PM9/26/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Gentlemen, thank you for your service.

namfos

Sep 27, 2019, 11:41:25 AM9/27/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Many thanks to you both, Dalton and Trent. We may still need Trent's whistle to call the Back Bar at Whitlows to order.

tperkins

Sep 27, 2019, 2:09:12 PM9/27/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Will Art's legal corner still be functioning?

arthur noglak

Sep 27, 2019, 2:51:27 PM9/27/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

It is with a full heart and many mixed emotions that I wish Trent and Dalton the very best in their future endeavors.

For those of you who don’t know, Trent and Dalton have both been an integral part of TPFR since its inception over 10 years ago. They have both volunteered countless hours serving the clubs best interests and helping to build what is arguably one of the nation’s largest and most important fly-fishing communities.

I would also like to thank Trent, Dalton, and Club Founder Dan Davala for introducing me to TPFR and the greater DC Metro Area fly fishing scene roughly six years ago. After attending my first Beer Tie with Dan, I was promptly asked to help former VP John Billotta with a Casting Church. Since that time, TPFR has become a major part of my life. I’m still going to Beer Tie and still helping at Casting Church. Thanks to Trent, my wife Bunny and I first meet at a TPFR Holiday Party!

I am honored to take on the role of Club President and I’m looking forward to serving such a critical and ever evolving community of anglers.

As you all know, it takes a village! Rob and I are committed to building a team of club officers by January 1st, 2020. This team will help us to reinforce our mission of introducing and educating anglers about the Tidal Potomac River, while growing our membership through education, and community outreach.

We have already identified some members who have graciously offered up their time to help us reach this goal and will be welcoming them to the Board in the weeks to come. That being said, we are still in need of help.  Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, comments, concerns, or if you’re interested in volunteering in any capacity.

Please join me in thanking Dalton and Trent for the passion, commitment, leadership, and hard work they have put into our community over the years!

 Sincerely,
 Art Noglak
Message has been deleted

Jamie Carracher

Sep 27, 2019, 7:17:20 PM9/27/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks, Dalton and Trent! The club has been a huge resource for me as I’ve learned to fly fish (style have much to learn).

Art, if you need more volunteers please let me know. I’m happy to help however I can. I can’t figure out how to email you but my address is jcarr...@gmail.com.

Carl Z.

Sep 30, 2019, 12:55:26 AM9/30/19
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 5:27 PM Dalton Terrell <daltonb...@gmail.com> wrote:
As some of you know, the First Lady and I are expecting a child in less than two months, and I am wanting make more time for family and put the club in hands that can provide more attention.

See ya in 15 years.  And enjoy the ride.

Thanks for all you've done

Trent Jones

Oct 1, 2019, 2:20:47 PM10/1/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Oh the memories….It has certainly been a fun and eventful 10 years with the club. And it has been an honor to serve the club and its members. Although it is tough to let go of the reigns so to speak, I am super excited to see where our new leadership takes it from here. I’ll still be looking forward to seeing everyone at beer tie and on the river!!

-Trent Jones

Ernie Rojas

Oct 3, 2019, 6:24:44 PM10/3/19
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Great job fellas (you too Dan!) and congrats to Art and Rob. TPFR is in great hands....