Beer Tie Tommorrow, March 12 With Raffle

Dalton Terrell

Mar 11, 2018, 5:05:28 PM3/11/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
March’s Beer Tie is coming up tomorrow night, March 12 at Whitlow’s on Wilson in the Backbar. Doors open at 6PM and we get kicked out at 10. As always, burgers are half priced and we’ll have a beer special.

Rob Snowhite will be teaching shad flies at the learning table starting at 7PM. We’ll provide vises and materials for these flies.

We’ll also be holding a raffle with a 9.5’ 8wt G Loomis IMX rod, a Scientific Anglers System 2 reel with three spare spoons and a variety of 10wt floating and sinking lines, and Richie is hooking us up with 4 tickets to the Fly Fishing Film Tour! Raffle will draw around 8:30.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow!

Dalton

MikeV

Mar 12, 2018, 3:45:42 PM3/12/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
What is the best option for parking at the Beer Tie? Where...how much? How to pay?

MikeV

Rob Snowhite

Mar 12, 2018, 3:52:48 PM3/12/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Street parking is free after 6.

Sent from my iPhone

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Dalton Terrell

Mar 12, 2018, 4:04:42 PM3/12/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Whitlow's is easily accessible from the Orange Line stop at Clarendon, which is how I get there usually. There's also some limited street parking (free after 6) on Clarendon Blvd/Wilson Blvd/Filmore St, but neighborhood parking in this area is usually reserved for permitted residents only. There's also several parking garages very close including one between Orvis and Whitlow's on Filmore, and it should cost $5-10 to park during beer tie.

Dalton

Yambag Nelson

Mar 12, 2018, 6:51:42 PM3/12/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The package store across from or is will validate your parking as well.

Dalton Terrell

Mar 13, 2018, 7:57:46 AM3/13/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for the great turnout last night and all the support for the raffle. We raised almost $250, or almost half of our annual expenses for TPFR. Special shout out to the First Lady for selling the tickets last night!

Thanks to all the donors of the raffle prizes:
Art from Orvis in Tysons for rod and reel/spools
Richie from District Angling for the Fly Fishing Film Tour Tickets
Rob Snowhite for the hat and 100s of dollars of popper bodies

Dalton