CASTING - Sunday 12 November - Fletchter's

Regan Burmeister

Nov 5, 2023, 7:12:39 PM11/5/23
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
We will have our casting get together on Sunday, 12 November at Fletcher's Cove from 8am to 11am.

This Casting Church will be free form, just working on whatever people would like.

Additionally, we will work on FFI Casting Skills challenges for anyone interested.

Come on out, whether you are a novice, intermediate, or advanced caster, it is all fun to work on solving casting problems and casting challenges.

If you are just getting started, this is a great way to meet people who can help.  There will be casting instructors on hand.
If you are preparing for an upcoming trip and looking to re-fresh your casting skills, this is a great opportunity.

Regan

J4FlyFishing

Nov 7, 2023, 6:53:40 PM11/7/23
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Good evening:  what equipment do you need to bring for the casting church,   I’m a novice who has been out a few times on guided trips so I haven’t invested in all of the equipment yet. Still trying to figure out exactly what to get.   Thanks.

Owen Williams

Nov 8, 2023, 9:22:12 AM11/8/23
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
If you have a rod and reel, bring it, but I'll bring spares and you can also throw them.  We'll be casting in the grass and maybe on the riverbank to practice our roll casts.

It's good to bring a heavy leader (Ox to 2x) to practice -- no reason to trash a nice 5x for practice.

No need for waders unless you WANT to get in the river.

I hope this is helpful. Reach out again if you need more specifics.

Best,
Owen Williams

James Strawley

Nov 8, 2023, 12:00:44 PM11/8/23
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.  Don’t quite have the rod and reel yet … still shopping around … so good to know that it is still worth the trip over.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone

--
http://www.tpfr.org

John Bilotta Fly Fishing

Nov 10, 2023, 4:39:18 PM11/10/23
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Looking forward to it.

John

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 7, 2023, at 6:53 PM, J4FlyFishing <jstrawl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good evening:  what equipment do you need to bring for the casting church,   I’m a novice who has been out a few times on guided trips so I haven’t invested in all of the equipment yet. Still trying to figure out exactly what to get.   Thanks.
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Owen Williams

Nov 12, 2023, 12:49:39 PM11/12/23
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks to everyone who showed up for a chilly Casting Church this morning!

It was especially good to have John Bilotta with us, as I'm sure that everyone who had the opportunity to work with him can attest. For those looking to up their game, John is certified by Fly Fishers International as a Master Casting Instructor for both single and two-handed rods .

Hope to see new and familiar faces next month (or Monday night, for the beer tie at the Colony Grill in Clarendon).

Best,
Owen Williams