First Shad of the Year

Mark Binsted

Mar 12, 2021, 5:12:30 PM3/12/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Alex Binsted caught the first hickory shad this morning at Fletcher's. At least we think he did–let all other claimants come forth! Read about this and a nice smallmouth in our just released NCC-TU Shad Report #1.

william garrahan

Mar 13, 2021, 1:12:42 PM3/13/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Mark and Ben,  Congratulations on those fish!  Thats an awesome smallmouth!

I caught a half dozen hickories this morning (3/13) on the fly including the one in the picture a little before 11am.

Bill

shad 3 13 21.msg

william garrahan

Mar 13, 2021, 1:41:22 PM3/13/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
IMG_0813 (1).jpg

David Radomski

Mar 19, 2021, 2:49:32 PM3/19/21
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Anyone planning on heading down this weekend? I’m guessing the water will be too cold Saturday, but I have a soccer-free Saturday for a change and will probably go down and try my luck from shore.