Incredible Day on 4MR

瀏覽次數:440 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

MattT

未讀,
2014年11月17日 下午4:35:582014/11/17
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
This last Saturday morning I thought I'd try my luck down at Gravelly Point. Casted around the outflow for about an hour with zero luck. Determined not to accept the skunk that day, I drove down to 4 mile run to try my luck there. The weather was absolutely beautiful, and there wasn't a single person on the river. I caught a countless amount of bluegill and three or four smallies. An excellent day.

At about 3pm I decided to call it because the tide was rolling in and the water was getting a little high. I saw my favorite overhanging tree and thought, what the heck one more cast. I threw an olive woolly bugger and let it sink and started stripping... and all of a sudden I thought my rod was going to get pulled out of my hands. It was like being stuck on a log but the log was swimming in the opposite direction. Pulled this guy out. Absolute monster compared to anything I've ever hooked into around there. It was an incredible fight and an even better end to an already awesome day.

It's kind of hard to tell from the shot, but I'm guessing he was about 2.5 ish pounds. I feel like he could have swallowed a baseball without thinking twice. So fun.

Matt

f2.jpg

TurbineBlade

未讀,
2014年11月17日 下午5:15:092014/11/17
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Very nice Matt!  I actually took a few hours over there earlier in the morning around low tide and caught a lot of much smaller bass on a glass Fenwick I wanted to try out with a 7-weight line.  I also got a small, smallmouth bass and a few yellow perch, but your bass could have eaten all of them.

Gene

Bob Richey

未讀,
2014年11月18日 凌晨2:18:042014/11/18
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Nice fish! Where do you enter the water there? I've parked at the sports fields there, but it didn't see an obvious trail to the water.

Paul Kalajainen

未讀,
2014年11月18日 上午10:41:572014/11/18
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Do they still have the bridge all torn up down there?  I haven't gotten over there in a while.  Last winter I fished there quite a bit, really wanted to catch my first carp, but it seemed like not as many fish were coming in past all the blockages and other construction garbage in the way.

Paul

MattT

未讀,
2014年11月18日 上午11:31:302014/11/18
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I usually just park by the fields or on the opposite side of the river and cut down wherever I can get through the brush. Careful on the thorns though, I took home a bunch of new holes in the wadders. As far as the bridge construction... I usually work my way west towards the outflow from the water plant, because the bridge area is usually pretty crowded, so I didn't actually check it out this time.

Rob Snowhite

未讀,
2014年11月18日 上午11:54:552014/11/18
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Bridge is gone which has opened up more shore access. Stripers and tilapia in outflow the other night.

Sent from my iPhone

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Paul Kalajainen

未讀,
2014年11月18日 中午12:42:572014/11/18
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  I can't wait to get back there, but with a 7 week old at home I'm a little less mobile than I used to be.

alexjmc...@gmail.com

未讀,
2014年11月24日 上午11:36:472014/11/24
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the post Matt!   So you fish both the north and south side of the river?   Are you casting into the middle, or wading out and casting to the banks?

Thanks again for the info and picture.  Nice fish.

alex

On Monday, November 17, 2014 4:35:58 PM UTC-5, MattT wrote:
訊息已遭刪除

Derek Douglas

未讀,
2014年11月29日 凌晨4:54:292014/11/29
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Tonight I accidentally stumbled upon a link (from another website) to the thread on here in 2012 the first time a guy posted a photo of a tilapia caught out of 4MR. He said that VDGIF biologists doubted the fish would last the winter...so much for that! Although I'm sure that's old news.
-Derek

On Monday, November 17, 2014 4:35:58 PM UTC-5, MattT wrote:

MattT

未讀,
2014年12月1日 上午10:06:342014/12/1
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Alex

I prefer to fish the north side, but I think that's just because I park and walk in on that end. If the tide allows, I usually walk out about a third or so of the way towards the middle of the river and then fish towards the bank. Under trees, towards logs.

Definitely worth checking the tide chart before you go, because when it's low, it's seriously low.

Hope that's helpful.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄