Congratulations - New FFI Casting Instructor

187 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Mike Banaszewski

ungelesen,
16.07.2018, 10:13:0316.07.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Please join me in congratulating Regan Burmeister for having successfully passed his FFI Certified Casting Instructor Exam this weekend.  This is a tremendous accomplishment for Regan and a welcome addition to the local fly fishing community.  Great job Regan!

Best,
Mike

Dalton Terrell

ungelesen,
16.07.2018, 13:57:5816.07.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Very cool, congrats Regan!

Dalton

Daniel Davala

ungelesen,
16.07.2018, 14:17:2116.07.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Way to go Regan!!! Always knew you'd do it - well done sir!!!

Dan

--
http://www.tpfr.org

vladimir polivanov

ungelesen,
16.07.2018, 14:20:3116.07.18
an tidal-potomac-fly-rodders
Totally awesome congratulations !!!

Vo

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Regan Burmeister

ungelesen,
16.07.2018, 21:53:0516.07.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks everyone for the congratulations! Much appreciated.

My exam was up in Livingston Manor, NY, historical area for American fly-fishing, at the Catskills Fly Fishing Museum.  My exam was right after lunch, a very warm day with a fairly constant westerly wind coming almost straight down the casting field. My examiners were Gail Donoghue-Gallo and Bruce Williams.  It took about 3 hours to get thru the whole thing.  It was very nice to be able to wet-wade in the famous Willowemoc river for my roll cast tasks, that felt great.  Gail and Bruce were great examiners.  I thought they were fair and engaging, upholding the standards of examiners. I appreciated the opportunity to work with them.

After my exam failure in Feb during the teaching tasks, I focused heavily on those tasks, not ignoring the casting tasks but they became a minor part of preparation. Only in the last few weeks did I ramp up on the casting tasks.  Many thanks to my CI study group of Tom Parham and Bob O'Donnell for being the stuckees for listening to me yet again go thru the teaching tasks. Also thanks to MCI Dave Cleaves for being a mentor and give up several of his weekend mornings to work with us. I also want to thank my other mentor John Bilotta (MCI, THCI) for lots and lots of discussion and casting and teaching practice, it has been and will continue to be fun to dig into casting excellence. Finally, my thanks to MCI Craig Buckbee for insights into easier distance casting. Just a couple weeks ago with his insights, I was able to cast the entire fly-line and have all that line lay out with no tails.  That kind of work made me feel supremely confident for the minimum 75ft distance cast.

Next up is focusing on my preparation for the two-hand certification.

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:13:03 AM UTC-4, Mike Banaszewski wrote:

Tom Parham

ungelesen,
16.07.2018, 22:26:3316.07.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Congrats Regan!
It was apparent to me at your final run through that you knew the material, could make the casts as well as effortlessly teach the material. I learned lots from your casting suggestions. For folks looking to tighten up their casting skills, I highly recommend Regan.

Job well done!
-Tom.

Jason Paragas

ungelesen,
16.07.2018, 23:34:1616.07.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Congratulations!

namfos

ungelesen,
17.07.2018, 08:31:1017.07.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Congratulations!

Mark

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:13:03 AM UTC-4, Mike Banaszewski wrote:

Trent Jones

ungelesen,
17.07.2018, 09:27:2117.07.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Congrats Regan!

-Trent

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:13:03 AM UTC-4, Mike Banaszewski wrote:

Cary Pugh

ungelesen,
18.07.2018, 07:53:5718.07.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Well done. And if you need a guinea pig for two handed let me know! I still need to learn house to do that! Cheers Cary (Ps. Don’t forget to get out and fish!)

Alexander Vu

ungelesen,
21.07.2018, 10:12:4121.07.18
an tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Regan
I have been interested in getting the FFI Casting instructor certification for one hand and two hand casting for some time now. Can I communicate with you offline to inquire about your process?  Here is my email: Alexan...@gmail.com
Thanks
Alex
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Speycaster

ungelesen,
24.08.2018, 15:30:1124.08.18
an Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Sorry I am late to the party but Congratulations!!!!!

Lee

On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:13:03 AM UTC-4, Mike Banaszewski wrote:
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten