最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

TurbineBlade

未読、
2013/10/19 13:09:242013/10/19
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey -- we hit breeches yesterday all day.  It was one of those weird days where the weather was absolutely terrific, but the fishing was a bit "off".  Weird, but I'm betting everyone can recall days like that.

There were some other anglers throughout the C/R section, but far fewer than when we last fished on a Sunday there.  We fished everything we had at nearly every depth and just got 5 small brown trout between us....and all were under 10".  Mine hit some small soft hackles (the best flies one can use ;)) and her's hit small nymphs.  We got one in the "run" below the plunge pool on the traditional zebra midge.

We saw nothing rising all day long, and we didn't see anyone else catching fish -- it was just a weird day.  The water is a lot higher now too post-storms.

I ate 2 whole packages of twinkies, which provided the steady nerves to slam nymphs and bb split shot onto the water!!  And also the power to rip them off of the bottom when they hung up every 6 inches!

Gene

Misha Gill

未読、
2013/10/19 17:24:302013/10/19
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I'm surprised there weren't any midge sippers in the Allenberry CR section. Did you try any caddis imitations? I always had good luck on streamers on the YB this time of year, albeit further upstream from the special regs section.

TurbineBlade

未読、
2013/10/19 21:32:152013/10/19
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
You know, I'm sure there were some fish feeding on midges -- I just lack and know-how to recognize it.  I didn't see any real obvious hatches and no rising fish.  Last time there definitely was one I could recognize -- looked like some kind of white flies (definitely not spinners like the ones that were falling on our truck at Elk River).  I tried to drift some griffith's gnats when it was going on, but I only caught fall fish and bluegill.   On passage creek last wednesday at the C/R section I got choked in a midge hatch, so I knew that one.  But it was big.  I probably just need more experience with trout waters --

I've wondered about fishing it away from the C/R section....but I'm not from this region and would be afraid to guess where a right-of-way is along the road or something.  It is definitely pretty crowded there at the C/R section and I prefer it a bit slower if I get my choice.  It's not all about the fish ;).  If you want to drop any tips to me, by all means shoot me a PM if you like.  I've learned this hobby from club members and youtube videos.

 I usually have a few weenies on me to bounce along the bottom (red and green).  I didn't try any yesterday though - maybe I should have.   I usually throw them at sunfish, lol ;).

Gene

michael.d...@gmail.com

未読、
2013/10/28 9:23:082013/10/28
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I only have a half day fishing the YB further upstream with no success. But I did talk to a guy in the fly shop in Boiling Springs and he told me that a very effective method was to use large hex dry flies at sunset till dark. I bought a couple from him but ended up heading home before giving them a try.

Mike
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送