Stream Thermometer

Connor Donovan

Jul 31, 2014, 4:01:30 PM7/31/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
All,

Does anyone have experience with digital thermometers while on the water? I'm looking at a few under $20 on Amazon - both infrared and digital cooking ones.

Feel free to call me out if I'm over complicating things but I feel like the instant reading would be a nice feature even if it is a little bulkier than a glass/plastic tradition thermometer.

Connor

namfos

Aug 1, 2014, 2:10:30 PM8/1/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Instant reading is great with a digital - downside is you have to keep it dry or you'll short out the battery. You could try Bed Bath & Beyond locally, they usually have coupons floating around (5 bucks or 20% off)  and you might find it there for less.  The wife swiped mine for it's intended use, namely meat temps. And I'm still the one who uses it most - as grillmaster. ;-)

Mark