October Beer Tie hosting Casting For Recovery - Seeking Raffle Donations

閲覧: 193 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Dalton Terrell

未読、
2016/09/24 11:41:322016/09/24
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Our next Beer Tie is comig up October 10 and we are proud to host Casting for Recovery in recognition of breast cancer awareness month; this organization uses fly fishing as physical and mental therapy for those suffering with breast cancer. Learn more information from Casey Peltier at the Beer Tie or see their website here: https://castingforrecovery.org

Instead of doing a beginners table with instruction, we'll have an Iron Vise competition where you take the pink materials CfR is providing and tie up your own creation to be judged--the winner gets an awesome Regal vise.

We are also hosting a raffle with all proceeds going to CfR, but need some of your items to throw in the mix. I've gotten some beautiful pink fly brooch pins, some pink flies, a few reels and I'll be throwing in a previously loved rod. Any fishing equipment or other items are appreciated and will help raise money for a great cause!

Post here or reply directly to me about any items you wish to contribute.

Thanks,
Dalton

namfos

未読、
2016/09/25 13:47:092016/09/25
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Dalton:

I've got a gently used Columbia vest, Size L, to add to raffle goods.

Mark

Andrew R

未読、
2016/09/27 22:15:372016/09/27
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey Dalton,

I'll be out of town but have a few things I'd be happy to donate. Can drop em off with a board member.

Andrew

Dalton Terrell

未読、
2016/09/27 22:16:392016/09/27
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
That's great, guessing you'll give me to Trent? Thanks for your support!

Dalton
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Andrew R

未読、
2016/09/27 22:23:192016/09/27
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Yeah I'll try and set up a drop off with him before the 10th.

Trent Jones

未読、
2016/09/28 21:27:062016/09/28
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Andrew,

I'm in the office everyday through Tuesday. I'll be teaching Sunday, but feel free to drop off anything at the shop between now and when you head out of town.

Also, anytime you want to talk about the FFF casting certification I am around and willing to help.

-T

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 10:23:19 PM UTC-4, Andrew R wrote:

Rob Snowhite

未読、
2016/09/29 7:59:592016/09/29
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I've got some capes, a dozen flies, and others goodies I can donate.

Sent from my iPhone
--
http://www.tpfr.org

Dalton Terrell

未読、
2016/10/06 19:46:442016/10/06
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Another reminder, the Beer Tie is coming up Monday night! We have a good selection of prizes or the raffle now, thanks to everyone for your donations!

Look forward to seeing everyone out Monday!

Dalton

On Sep 28, 2016, at 9:27 PM, Trent Jones <tjon...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Andrew,

I'm in the office everyday through Tuesday. I'll be teaching Sunday, but feel free to drop off anything at the shop between now and when you head out of town.

Also, anytime you want to talk about the FFF casting certification I am around and willing to help.

-T

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 10:23:19 PM UTC-4, Andrew R wrote:
Yeah I'll try and set up a drop off with him before the 10th.

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Dalton Terrell

未読、
2016/10/09 17:58:032016/10/09
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Beer Tie is tomorrow night! Bring your vises to compete in Iron Vise and buy raffle tickets to get some sweet items and support Casting for Recovery! We have a St. Croix Rod, some sweet brooch pins, several sets of flies, books, apparel, DVDs and more.

See everyone tomorrow night. Doors open at 6pm, and raffle tickets will be drawn at 8:30pm.

Dalton

On Thursday, October 6, 2016, Dalton Terrell <daltonb...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

IMG_0231.JPG

Dalton Terrell

未読、
2016/10/09 20:45:072016/10/09
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I just got this message from Casey Peltier regarding the iron fly competition:

PINK IRON FLY will have two awesome prizes:
Grand Prize, a Regal vise
Newbie's Prize, "Simple Flies:Flies You Can Tie With Three Materials or Less"
(Newbies defined as those who have to borrow tools and thread.)

Only $5 to enter!
Great Materials to work with!
PLEASE bring your OWN THREAD in pink, white, or black.
We have a limited number of spools for newbies.

Just 20 competitors, so you have a great chance to shine!

Judges:
Our own master tyers Rob Snowhite, Mark Sofman, and Rich Farino
(Judges may enter and tie, but they may not win. That way the rest of us have a chance!)

Tying from 7:00-8:30, prizes awarded after the raffle.

Come on Out!! This is a one-of-a-kind event!! Don't miss it!

Oh, and the raffle has some truly sweet prizes!!

Rob Snowhite

未読、
2016/10/11 11:25:492016/10/11
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Big thanks to Casey for organizing the Iron Fly last night.

Sent from my iPhone
> --
> http://www.tpfr.org
> ---

TurbineBlade

未読、
2016/10/11 11:41:512016/10/11
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I regrettably missed this tie; in my defense, getting around is not so easy at this point ;).

Ironically, I've been fishing pink/white clousers the last couple of outings.  I nearly always tie them with too much hair still, so I end up clipping them down in situ.

They fish best (to me) with 7-8 bucktail fibers and 1-2 pieces of some kind of flash, with everything on the "top" side.

Who/What won the tie?

Gene

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 11:25:49 AM UTC-4, Rob Snowhite wrote:
Big thanks to Casey for organizing the Iron Fly last night.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 9, 2016, at 8:45 PM, Dalton Terrell <daltonb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just got this message from Casey Peltier regarding the iron fly competition:
>
> PINK IRON FLY will have two awesome prizes:
> Grand Prize, a Regal vise
> Newbie's Prize, "Simple Flies:Flies You Can Tie With Three Materials or Less"
> (Newbies defined as those who have to borrow tools and thread.)
>
> Only $5 to enter!
> Great Materials to work with!
> PLEASE bring your OWN THREAD in pink, white, or black.
> We have a limited number of spools for newbies.
>
> Just 20 competitors, so you have a great chance to shine!
>
> Judges:
> Our own master tyers Rob Snowhite, Mark Sofman, and Rich Farino
> (Judges may enter and tie, but they may not win. That way the rest of us have a chance!)
>
> Tying from 7:00-8:30, prizes awarded after the raffle.
>
> Come on Out!! This is a one-of-a-kind event!! Don't miss it!
>
> Oh, and the raffle has some truly sweet prizes!!
>
> --
> http://www.tpfr.org
> ---

Dalton Terrell

未読、
2016/10/11 21:31:042016/10/11
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Big thanks to everyone who came out, bought raffle tickets, donated items or participated in the Iron Fly contest. Casey may need to correct my semi-sober count but I think $341 was raised last night for Casting for Recovery!

The winner of the Iron Fly, who took home the regal vise was the very talented Connor Donovan, with a sweet sculpin pattern.

Thanks to our raffle donors:
Mark Sofman with the omnipresent library and vest
Art from Orvis Tysons/TPFR for the Reels
Kevin from Kenmore Fly Shop for the flies and lapel pins
Alex from the Wydown coffee shop
Dave from Paca Summit for the organic cotton t-shirt
Rob Snowhite for the flies and t-shirt

Casey Peltier

未読、
2016/10/11 22:03:122016/10/11
To: tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for much belated thanks from Casting for Recovery!
You all exceeded my highest expectations,
and the final count was $346. Woo hoo! breakfast and lunch at our next retreat, folks! That's
just nifty.
Special thanks to our judges Mark Sofman, Rich Farino, and Rob Snowhite, who 1) didn't flinch
when asked to step up, and 2) took their job very seriously in spite of libations consumed
before to going to work.
Congratulations to Connor Donovan who won the Regal vise
and to newbie tyer
Leslie Trexler for her boobie pattern. Her prize was a flytying book.
(Photo when I find the camera and figure out at last how to post a photo)
Big welcome to all the ladies who came out--stay tuned for a Holmes Run stocking and
we'll meet for some fishing. Good short casts catch lots of fish, believe me!

If I'm not mistaken, there is support for another of these Iron Fly [or should it be Iron Vise?]
events. Stay tuned; the  caliber of last night's entries indicates some serious competition!
--
http://www.tpfr.org
全員に返信
投稿者に返信