Beer TIE

瀏覽次數:75 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Misha Gill

未讀,
2020年1月17日 中午12:08:362020/1/17
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Hey everybody. There's lot of opinions floating around these days about the future of TPFR. I don't really want to get into it here in this thread, but one thought I have is to get back to our roots. And I've noticed that lately, our meetings have trended towards more emphasis on the BEER than the TIE. So, for 2020, I am resolving to tie at every meeting I attend. I'll post the fly or theme I'll tie in advance if anyone wants to tie along.

I'm going to start in February tying a Royal Coachman. Random, I know, but I don't have any in my box and it's an amazing attractor pattern that also looks cool. Note that this fly can be tied as both a dry and a wet. I'll probably tie the dry, but if anyone would demonstrate the wet that would be super cool too. Has anyone ever tied it as a parachute??

Kevin KB

未讀,
2020年1月17日 晚上10:38:462020/1/17
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Misha,

Unfortunately I will be out of town, otherwise would like to learn how to tie a Royal Coachman from you.  I am one of those that generally tie at the beer tie, sometimes learning from Rob (What a great resource!), sometimes building my own inventory, and sometimes just talking and learning about fly fishing in the area.  It has been my limited experience, that most of the beer conversations have been fly fishing focused.

In either case, as a relative novice in the fly fishing world, I have come to look forward the beer/tie for all the comraderie that I find there.

Tightlines,
Kevin

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Cary Pugh

未讀,
2020年1月18日 清晨7:34:542020/1/18
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Have tied as a parachute. Also might I suggest as a stimulator style. Also quite effective. And tie a variant for the park with blue crystal flash in place of peacock herl. Will be away for work so tie some for me would ya!

arthur noglak

未讀,
2020年1月18日 下午4:17:512020/1/18
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Great stuff Misha!

I did some tying in early 2019, but have since fell off the wagon. Ill be there next month with vise in hand.

Here's to getting back to our roots!

Cheers,

Art

Misha Gill

未讀,
2020年1月18日 下午4:48:262020/1/18
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks Art. Looking forward to tying with you again. Royal Wulffs are actually more along the line of what I had in mind, so let's give it a go and compare notes!

Great suggestions Cary. I'd love to see an example of that blue tinsel coachman. As I mentioned, I'll be doing a standard pattern with maybe a few convenient substitutions this time, but I have seen some yummy parachute variations in fly shops. Stimmy version would be deadly too I'm sure.

Kevin, I hope to be doing this all year long, so there oughtta be plenty of opportunities to tie along. Looking forward to seeing you at the next one you can make.

訊息已遭刪除

Miles

未讀,
2020年1月19日 上午9:35:262020/1/19
收件者:Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Hey Misha,

This sounds like a good time to me. As someone celebrating 20 something years of sobriety (I lost count!), I too have found recent Beer Ties a little too Beery and not enough Tie to hold my interest. No judgment on those who do indulge, it's just not my thing for reasons I prefer not to get into.

As it happens, I also tie a coachman variant that is effective in the park, although mine is orange. I plan to be at the next tie with bobbin in hand.

On a related note, someone might could update our website with the dates for 2020. I didn't see any.

Miles

arthur noglak

未讀,
2020年1月19日 上午9:40:332020/1/19
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Miles,

Rob Snowhite is taking care of the 2020 Calendar. Hopefully it will be up in the coming days.

I stoked to tie some wulffs/coachmen's!

Although ive been tying dries for many years, I don't think I've ever spun up either.

Art

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Rob

未讀,
2020年1月19日 下午1:21:342020/1/19
收件者:tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I’ve included a TPFR Google Calendar on our events page with updated dates.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 19, 2020, at 9:40 AM, arthur noglak <arthur...@gmail.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CAEa_Z5dw3i-q2C%3Da_yUDVytKoeAyoAunsM27%2BGg7k3WFYLZ-Sw%40mail.gmail.com.

arthur noglak