Fly Tyer request: Nadica's Minnow

Miles

Apr 13, 2020, 10:57:21 PM4/13/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The most recent issue of Fly Tyer has a pattern called Nadica's Minnow; I started tying it and realized I lost the hard copy somehow. If somebody would scan or take a picture of the fly -- just the completed fly - I would be super grateful. I've googled it to no effect.

thanks,
Miles

Misha Gill

Apr 14, 2020, 11:49:04 AM4/14/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I went to look for my copy of the requested magazine where I keep it in it's box next to the commode, and then realized it is no longer in existence because I had to pour poopy bath water into the toilet and it didn't all land in the intended target. So, thanks for making me recall that incident. Hope someone else can be more helpful!

Miles Townes

Apr 14, 2020, 11:51:39 AM4/14/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Sorry. Kids ruin everything.

MDT

--
http://www.tpfr.org
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/3ea4889a-cd28-426f-b640-35acb7f836c6%40googlegroups.com

Alexander Vu

Apr 14, 2020, 11:53:44 AM4/14/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Miles,
I can send you a soft copy if you can give me your email.
Alex

--
http://www.tpfr.org

tperkins

spst...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2020, 12:51:51 PM4/14/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

My thoughts exactly! Haha

-Sean

On Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 11:51:39 AM UTC-4, Miles wrote:

Sorry. Kids ruin everything.

MDT

On Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 11:49:10 AM EDT, Misha Gill <mish...@gmail.com> wrote:

I went to look for my copy of the requested magazine where I keep it in it's box next to the commode, and then realized it is no longer in existence because I had to pour poopy bath water into the toilet and it didn't all land in the intended target. So, thanks for making me recall that incident. Hope someone else can be more helpful!

--
http://www.tpfr.org

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/28486664-d3d5-46f0-8e77-1136aeb62811%40googlegroups.com.

Alexander Vu

Apr 14, 2020, 12:52:50 PM4/14/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
ran out of toilet paper?

Miles Townes

Apr 14, 2020, 1:15:18 PM4/14/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Fair point. Actually, I might need more detail here. Every bath in my house has its own drain, and I'm pretty sure it all goes the same place.

MDT

Scott Stankus

Apr 14, 2020, 1:35:57 PM4/14/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Attached.

—Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 13, 2020, at 10:57 PM, 'Miles' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

The most recent issue of Fly Tyer has a pattern called Nadica's Minnow; I started tying it and realized I lost the hard copy somehow. If somebody would scan or take a picture of the fly -- just the completed fly - I would be super grateful. I've googled it to no effect.

thanks,
Miles

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/13c0aecd-9d8a-4e6d-87a8-a15e52ddc135%40googlegroups.com.

Miles Townes

Apr 14, 2020, 3:17:57 PM4/14/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Awesome - thanks! Alex also got me pics, so I have it totally covered.

best,
Miles

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Alexander Vu

Apr 14, 2020, 3:22:45 PM4/14/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
FYI: you can get Fly Tyer mag on iPAD using the JStockard discount for a very reasonable price = $7/year.

On Apr 14, 2020, at 3:17 PM, 'Miles Townes' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Awesome - thanks! Alex also got me pics, so I have it totally covered.

best,
Miles

On Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 1:36:06 PM EDT, Scott Stankus <ssta...@gmail.com> wrote:

Attached.
<image0.jpeg>

<image1.jpeg><image2.jpeg>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/257310921.497312.1586891854385%40mail.yahoo.com.
<image0.jpeg><image1.jpeg><image2.jpeg>

Carl Z.

Apr 15, 2020, 1:15:02 PM4/15/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I've had good luck with those trailing hooks, but sometimes they get fouled.    It's a neat pattern.

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

namfos

Apr 16, 2020, 6:50:37 PM4/16/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
FWIW, there are a couple of scanning apps that work on smartphones quite well. Google Photo Scan and Microsoft Office Lens. They turn out excellent results.

Mark