Lake Annna

Henry Pavco-Giaccia

Feb 17, 2015, 8:59:28 PM2/17/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys!

I am going to head to lake Anna during late March.

I was wondering if any of you guys have possibly been there during that time? If so what flies should I tie, and where should I fish?

Henry

Misha Gill

Feb 18, 2015, 3:41:10 PM2/18/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
The one time I've fished it, it was around that time of year, and we had no luck fishing the shoreline for bass on a cold cloudy day. However, a guy in a powerboat did drive up to our canoe and offer to give us a 30 inch striper he caught. If you have a powerboat it's rumored that you can chase open water bait balls with stripers busting on them down near the power plant. Lake Anna is known to have a good largemouth bass population, but it is highly pressured.

Paul Kalajainen

Feb 18, 2015, 3:48:45 PM2/18/15
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I was there a couple years ago in early May.  Did pretty well on largemouth fishing the shore with olive, black, and rust colored woolly buggers (sizes 2-6 i think).