Any suggestions for Ft. Lauderdale

Nedak

Dec 27, 2016, 5:32:12 PM12/27/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Headed to Ft. Lauderdale for a quick New Year's Eve trip with the family.  Any suggestions on some easy access spots as we are right across from the beach in a condo. I plan on early morning walking the beach looking for snook in the trough.  Any other ideas for DIY or know guides appreciated.

davidwi...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2016, 9:24:49 AM12/28/16
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Unless the world has been reborn, you can't fish on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale.
When I lived there in the 80's I had to drive two hours north to Jupiter to legally fish with my ankles wet.
Instead, find any bridge on the Intracoastal at night. Drift live shrimp or crank a mirrolure for snook in the shadowline.
Or, hopefully there is still access at the inlet in Boca Raton.  Blue runners and mangrove snappers used to be a good bet there.