TUF Community Meeting Agenda

Marina Moore

Apr 23, 2020, 3:56:08 PM4/23/20
to theupdate...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

As a reminder, the next TUF community meeting will be this Monday 4/27 at 11am ET. I have included the current agenda below, but feel free to add items at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p4i2Bu3I2QbcJgw3w65KX0yy5Aqy_GeOA8INJ63iLLc/edit?usp=sharing.

Agenda:
  • Canonical JSON

    • Are TUF users/implementers happy with Canonical JSON?

    • If so, do we want to try and rally around a Canonical JSON specification?

    • If not, do we want to try and switch to something else with wider cross-language support?

    • Related issues:

Canonical JSON may not be valid JSON · #92 · theupdateframework/tuf

Update JSON canonicalization· #159 · secure-systems-lab/securesystemslib

Canonical JSON is unclear · #457 · theupdateframework/tuf

  • Refactoring code

    • Especially key management code, which uses global variables; link to issue

    • Separate repository, developer, and client libraries / tools?

    • Related issues:

        Roadmap for cli tools: repo.py, client.py · Issue #881 · theupdateframework/tuf

Roles and Delegations are still confused in parts of the implementation · Issue #660 · theupdateframework/tuf

  • Should keyids be globally unique?

    • Should keyids be derived from a secure hash?

    • Related issues:

Documenting or creating a TAP to describe keyid_hash_algorithms · Issue #848 · theupdateframework/tuf

https://github.com/theupdateframework/taps/pull/112

Thanks,
Marina

Trishank Karthik Kuppusamy

Apr 23, 2020, 4:17:23 PM4/23/20
to Marina Moore, Tony Arcieri, The Update Framework (TUF)
Paging +Tony Arcieri on Canonical JSON and other issues :)