EuroPython call for talks closes in 3 days

Sumana Harihareswara

Apr 1, 2022, 9:50:19 AM4/1/22
to The Update Framework (TUF)
Hi colleagues:

EuroPython is accepting remote and in-person (Dublin, Ireland) talks for this July and the extended talk proposal deadline is 3rd April 23:59:59 AoE (anywhere on earth) -- three days from now. I think EuroPython would be an excellent place for us to show the progress we've made on TUF in Python packaging, and discuss what's next.

Please speak up today if this is something you would like to do - let's coordinate to get a proposal in by the deadline.

Talks can be 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes; a poster is also an option. (They also accept hands-on tutorial proposals but a tutorial is 180 minutes long and I think that's something we'll be more prepared to do next year.)

(Cross-posted to Zulip.)

best,

Sumana

Justin Cappos

Apr 1, 2022, 10:02:34 AM4/1/22
to Sumana Harihareswara, The Update Framework (TUF)
Yes, I think this makes sense.  A shorter talk to advertise the work sounds better to me.  I would think 15 mins or 30 at most.

Justin

Sumana Harihareswara

Apr 1, 2022, 11:31:08 AM4/1/22
to The Update Framework (TUF)
Kairo Araujo has volunteered and will write a proposal for a 15-minute talk and submit it this weekend. Thanks, Kairo! I'll be helping review the draft.

(Discussed in the Zulip thread.)

Lukas Puehringer

Apr 4, 2022, 3:28:12 AM4/4/22
to Sumana Harihareswara, The Update Framework (TUF)
Hi all

This message came in a bit late for me last Friday. Good thing AoE timezone is 14 hours behind where I live, so the Sunday evening deadline is another 4 1/2 hours away. :)

Kairo, do you need help with your proposal? I’m also available on the dates of the event and would be happy co-present, if you like.

Thanks,
Lukas

Lukas Puehringer

Apr 4, 2022, 6:59:55 AM4/4/22
to Sumana Harihareswara, The Update Framework (TUF)
Quick heads-up:

Kairo and I have re-worked the proposal a bit and are now both listed as speakers for a 15-30 minutes session. If anybody still wants to get involved, the CfP is open for another hour. ;)

Cheers,
Lukas