Tufted TitMouse in Caledonia

George Naylor

Apr 19, 2021, 7:17:57 PM4/19/21
to Hambirders, HSA Nature Notes, The Pipits
I was relaxing about 5PM, listening to a James Taylor/Carole King concert on PBS, after doing some gardening and installing my bat house on the side wall, when I heard the "Peter - Peter" song.  It took about 3 repeats before it sunk in what it was and by then it stopped.  15 minutes later the bird landed on the top of the pole on my feeders and sang again.  2nd TUTI for the homestead in Caledonia.  Last time was in late winter.

George

Mary Ann Bastien

Apr 19, 2021, 7:34:54 PM4/19/21
to George Naylor, Hambirders, HSA Nature Notes, The Pipits

Thank you, George. The Tufted TM’s have been on my feeder here in Ancaster for months. It seems a very good sign for these little guys. This has been a year like no other.