Opened pull request to re-enable instantiation of reporters with specified parameters

Scott Babcock

May 8, 2020, 2:35:46 AM5/8/20
to testng-dev
https://github.com/cbeust/testng/pull/2303

Since XMLReporter was refactored, it's been impossible to instantiate this reporter with a ReporterConfig object with specified parameters injected. The aforementioned PR resolves this issue.

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

May 9, 2020, 12:38:00 PM5/9/20
to testn...@googlegroups.com
Scott,

I think its already supported in TestNG.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ https://rationaleemotions.com/

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 12:05 PM Scott Babcock <sco...@gmail.com> wrote:
https://github.com/cbeust/testng/pull/2303

Since XMLReporter was refactored, it's been impossible to instantiate this reporter with a ReporterConfig object with specified parameters injected. The aforementioned PR resolves this issue.

Julien Herr

May 9, 2020, 12:45:48 PM5/9/20
to testng-dev
Krishnan,

Check the PR:
The reporter is considered as a POJO when the configuration is applied but a previous refactoring moved all setters in an external class.
The PR is adding the support of reporters with external configuration and restore the documented behavior.

Krishnan Mahadevan

May 9, 2020, 2:13:00 PM5/9/20
to testn...@googlegroups.com

Julien,

Thanks for calling that out. Yes, now I realize that the PR was attempting at fixing the broken functionality.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.com/