Tesseract error Empty page!!

ajsaprl

Feb 23, 2020, 11:19:13 PM2/23/20
to tesseract-ocr
Hi, I'm trying to recognize this simple image with tesseract:
converted.jpg
Image size: 400 × 100 pixels
Image DPI: 300 pixels/inch

Does anyone knows what makes tesseract throw error like this one?
Failed to load any lstm-specific dictionaries for lang engnumCAPS!!
Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine v4.1.1 with Leptonica
Empty page!!
Empty page!!

I already resized my image to 300 DPI and I use some traineddata such as the default eng.traineddata or digits traineddata but all of them giving the same error.
Can you help me with this one?
converted.jpg

Lakshay Saini

Feb 24, 2020, 12:23:55 AM2/24/20
to tesseract-ocr
Hello,

What command are you using to perform OCR on this image?

Regards,
Lakshay

Raju Kulkarni

Feb 25, 2020, 5:03:42 AM2/25/20
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Try psm 6 that might help.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020, 3:32 p.m. Raju Kulkarni <kulkarn...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,
Actually the traineddata engNUMCAPS that you are using is not providing dictionary while training so that is come as warning. And for empty page that is problem with your image try directly use tesseract to process it.

ajsaprl

Feb 25, 2020, 5:08:57 AM2/25/20
to tesseract-ocr
it's
tesseract converted.jpg out

ajsaprl

Feb 25, 2020, 5:10:31 AM2/25/20
to tesseract-ocr
Turns out I need to properly crop the image so only the number that's appear. It will not work with those line.