Invalid resolution 0 dpi. Using 70 instead.

xunm...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 2:24:06 AM1/5/17
to tesseract-ocr
I met a problem of Invalid resolution like

bogon:OCR zhiyao$ tesseract /Users/zhiyao/Desktop/OCR/kindle3.jpeg  ~/Desktop/OCR/kindle3

Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine v4.00.00alpha with Leptonica

Warning. Invalid resolution 0 dpi. Using 70 instead.

I changed different input images and file types, but the same problem happened.
I suppoesd the bad accuracy is due to the lower default  resolution(70)
The question is why my actual resolution cannot be caught.

BTW,I used tesseract 4.00 on Mac.

Zdenko Podobný

Jan 5, 2017, 2:38:56 AM1/5/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Warning. Invalid resolution 0 dpi.

this means that you input image has no information about DPI. This is problem of image generator.
For bad accuracy please read relevant wiki.

Zdenko

hkb...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2017, 2:35:26 AM3/29/17
to tesseract-ocr
I have also encountered this problem, have you solved this problem?Thank you!

在 2017年1月5日星期四 UTC+8下午3:38:56,zdenop写道:

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 8:10 AM, <xunm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I met a problem of Invalid resolution like

bogon:OCR zhiyao$ tesseract /Users/zhiyao/Desktop/OCR/kindle3.jpeg  ~/Desktop/OCR/kindle3

Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine v4.00.00alpha with Leptonica

Warning. Invalid resolution 0 dpi. Using 70 instead.

I changed different input images and file types, but the same problem happened.
I suppoesd the bad accuracy is due to the lower default  resolution(70)
The question is why my actual resolution cannot be caught.

BTW,I used tesseract 4.00 on Mac.

ShreeDevi Kumar

Mar 29, 2017, 3:03:05 AM3/29/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
The problem is with the input image. It does not have correct information about dpi.

Please preprocess image to 300 dpi for better output.

ShreeDevi

Roberto Alonso Ramos Zapata

Apr 15, 2017, 3:06:10 PM4/15/17
to tesseract-ocr
Hello, I have the same error, but I'm not the producer of the image so I´m not able to change the dpi of the image. Is there anything to do on the tesseract ocr side?