Is Urdu Nastaleeq font supported by Tesseract 4?

gupta....@tftus.com

Nov 1, 2018, 5:19:56 AM11/1/18
to tesseract-ocr
Hi All,

When I give Arabic text images to Tesseract 4, It gives correct result using urd.TrainedData file. But it fails for Jameel Noori Nastaleeq. Can anybody provide me with Urdu nastaleeq traineddata file?

Ahsan Raza

Sep 24, 2019, 4:04:45 AM9/24/19
to tesseract-ocr
did you find the solution?

Mobeen Ali

Sep 25, 2019, 9:50:56 AM9/25/19
to tesseract-ocr
Check with the tesseract tessdata_best at github there is one urd.traineddata file. Try to run using that. (or just click the below link)

urd.traineddata file

If it doesn't work then you may have to create your own urd.traineddata file, which could be done going through the tesseract wiki, Training Tesseract - 4.0