segmentation fault with tesseract 4

Pritam Dodeja

Apr 12, 2017, 2:46:54 AM4/12/17
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,

I get segmentation faults when using page segmentation mode 0.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Pritam

srn...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2017, 6:00:12 AM4/12/17
to tesseract-ocr
Can u tell when did you got his, means with the usage of which command did ypou get this error and at at which step..?

Pritam Dodeja

Apr 12, 2017, 10:31:15 AM4/12/17
to tesseract-ocr
The command was the following:

tesseract -l eng --oem 1 --psm 0 a.jpg stdout

As far as where it occurred exactly, I can't tell.  I have been able to reproduce this with multiple jpgs - let me know if you need any further info

tesseract --version shows

tesseract 4.00.00alpha
leptonica-1.74.1
libjpeg 8d (libjpeg-turbo 1.5.0) : libpng 1.2.54 : libtiff 4.0.6 : zlib 1.2.8

Pritam

ShreeDevi Kumar

Apr 12, 2017, 10:56:09 AM4/12/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

Follow correct order of variables

  tesseract  imagename|stdin outputbase|stdout [options...] [configfile...]

ShreeDevi

Pritam Dodeja

Apr 12, 2017, 1:52:13 PM4/12/17
to tesseract-ocr
The command below also produces the same result ( segmentation fault )

tesseract a.jpg stdout --oem 1 --psm 0 -l eng

Pritam

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 12:16:54 PM UTC+5:30, Pritam Dodeja wrote:
Hi,

I get segmentation faults when using page segmentation mode 0.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Pritam

ShreeDevi Kumar

Apr 12, 2017, 10:09:35 PM4/12/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Which operating system
Which version/commit of tesseract
How was tesseract built or
Where did u get the binaries

Does it work with other psm values
Do you have the correct version of traineddata

- excuse the brevity, sent from mobile

Pritam Dodeja

Apr 12, 2017, 11:59:31 PM4/12/17
to tesseract-ocr
Find below - I can also ship my docker container to you if you want so you can see my exact setup, it's about 1.15GB

Pritam

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 10:09:35 PM UTC-4, shree wrote:
Which operating system - Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak on x86_64
Which version/commit of tesseract - top of Changelog says 2017-03-24 - v4.00.00-alpha
How was tesseract built or - I compiled it from source
Where did u get the binaries

Does it work with other psm values - yes, works with 3
Do you have the correct version of traineddata - tesseract --list-langs works as expected, I got eng.traineddata from github, md5sum for that one starts with 7af2

ShreeDevi Kumar

Apr 13, 2017, 12:52:51 AM4/13/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Please open as issue, as problem related to --psm 0.

- excuse the brevity, sent from mobile
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tesseract-ocr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Pritam Dodeja

Apr 13, 2017, 1:14:21 AM4/13/17