Error in executing new .traineddata file

Eman Sawalha

May 15, 2018, 7:51:17 PM5/15/18
to tesseract-ocr
Hello

Recently, I  worked on training Tesseract to detect Old South Arabian Script, and I produced the .traineddata file. So to test .traineddata file I copied the file into the tessdata file inside the Tesseract. My problem that whenever I tried to execute it on cmd.exe it gives me this error, but when I try to test it using VietOCR.net it works perfectly. Does anyone have an idea of why this happening? I need it to work on command to use it in some Google Chrome Extension that I designed.
I used Tesseract v3.02
Thanks in Advance

Quan Nguyen

May 16, 2018, 4:49:03 PM5/16/18
to tesseract-ocr
Sounds like you've trained using Tesseract 3.05, so it could run with Tesseract of that version or newer and is not backward compatible with older version 3.02.

Eman Sawalha

May 18, 2018, 5:52:57 AM5/18/18
to tesseract-ocr

Thank you for your respond Quan Nguyen. I downloaded Tesseract Beta 4.00,  and do the same copy the .traineddata inside tessdata, then add the path of Tesseract into system environment variable. And I got this new error :(.

Quan Nguyen

May 18, 2018, 4:56:07 PM5/18/18
to tesseract-ocr
The error message indicated Tesseract was looking for osa.traineddata file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Tesseract-OCR folder. You need to correctly specify the path to tessdata folder. Your oem value seems to be incorrect too.

Run at the command prompt for full instructions:

tesseract.exe --help-extra

ShreeDevi Kumar

May 18, 2018, 10:11:19 PM5/18/18
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
>Tesseract Beta 4.00,  and do the same copy the .traineddata inside tessdata,

If you have created your traineddata for 3.05, it may not be compatible with 4.0.0beta.

Eman Sawalha

May 19, 2018, 5:15:40 PM5/19/18
to tesseract-ocr

Thank you all you helped me a lot. The problem was that the trained files was not compatible with Tesseract beta or any other version, it only works with Tesseract Alpha 4.00.