tesseract on Google Summer of Code

Carlos Fernandez Sanz

Feb 22, 2018, 2:16:19 AM2/22/18
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,

I'm part of a developer community that is working on CCExtractor, a subtitle tool.

We're currently using tesseract for the OCR part of our code. We've been invited by Google to participate in their Summer of Code program, which pays university students to work on open source projects during the summer.

One of our projects includes improving our work on the OCR subsystem - which as I said use tesseract as the tool that does the heavy lifting, but there's many cases that require preprocessing, such as burned-in subtitles, or tickers, and so on.

Anyway, this is a call for university students (this is a requirement) that want to spend a few months working with us during the summer. You can read a bit about our project here:

We're an open source organization, and all the work is done publicly. While our goal is of course to improve our own software, contributing to tesseract to achieve that goal is OK and in fact encouraged.

Carlos

ada...@turningcloud.com

Feb 23, 2018, 12:23:49 AM2/23/18
to tesseract-ocr
Hi Carlos

I am a Final Year Student doing my Bachelors in CSE and currently working in a company for Tesseract Project.
I have done quite extensive work in tesseract and also worked with Tesseract 4.0 alpha version.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Adarsh SHUKLA