Error when compiling tesscallback.h

RxF

Jun 16, 2016, 1:36:38 PM6/16/16
to tesseract-ocr
Hey there

I'm on OSX 10.11.5 El Capitan
using openframeworks on Xcode 7.3.1
building with Apple Default compiler LLVM7.1
for 64bit Intel x86_64
language settings C++11

I have cloned tesseract from github and successfully compiled as a static library.
Now, when I compile my project, the build fails at

// tesscallback.h, line 278
template<typename T> struct remove_reference<T&> { typedef T type; };

with the error: Explicit specialization of non-template struct 'remove_reference'

Can anyone help me decipher the message and give a hint on how to solve the problem?
Thank you very much indeed

Jayanth Culli

Jul 19, 2016, 2:55:55 AM7/19/16
to tesseract-ocr
same problem here...

Anurag Sahoo

Dec 20, 2016, 5:55:56 AM12/20/16
to tesseract-ocr
Did you manage to figure out how to fix this?

Luis Di Martino

Jan 28, 2017, 1:34:15 AM1/28/17
to tesseract-ocr
Hi!
I'm having the same problem when trying to include tesscallback.h in a Android app by means of JNI (Java Native Interface). Does anyone fijgure out how to fix this issue?

Zdenko Podobný

Jan 28, 2017, 7:56:08 AM1/28/17
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
Do you use "using namespace std;"?

Zdenko

Adam Zahran

Aug 6, 2017, 1:00:34 PM8/6/17
to tesseract-ocr
same issue. has anyone found a solution?

Adam Zahran

Aug 6, 2017, 2:29:51 PM8/6/17
to tesseract-ocr
Okay you can't do a using namespace std; before including the tesseract header. Make sure that you put your tesseract include before any other (because you could've used namespace std in some other header)
Placeing my #include in the beginning of the file solved the issue.