Train License plate alphabet for tesseract 4

Diego Menescal

Mar 7, 2018, 4:10:35 PM3/7/18
to tesseract-ocr
Hello everybody,

I am starting to get along with tesseract, and when i saw that version 4 is using neural nets i found this awesome!
I have a project for OCR for License plates on Brazil and has to be open source code (DIY).

I was thinking in creating an alphabet with all chars and font used for license plates in brazil, and then define a neural network to create a personalized tessdata.

I have tested several image processing methods, but there are always a new image from client that cannot be easily treated. It is totally "No free lunch" theory!

If anyone could give me a direction, i appreciate!

Best regards,

Diego Menescal

shree

Mar 29, 2018, 4:18:11 AM3/29/18
to tesseract-ocr
There are existing license plates fonts, you could use those also for training