tesseract 4.00.00alpha with psm mode 0

Youcef

Mar 24, 2017, 4:06:41 PM3/24/17
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,

I'm currently trying to use tesseract in page segmentation mode for orientation and script detection only (-psm 0).
Using tesseract 4.00.00alpha, i run this mode on the eurotext.tif example as follow :

api/tesseract testing/eurotext.tif eurotext -l eng -psm 0

the file eurotext.osd i obtained looks like this :

Page number: 0
Orientation in degrees: 0
Rotate: 0
Orientation confidence: 24.31
Script: Latin
Script confidence: 35.19

The orientation in degrees is anormally 0. I also tried with a text image i rotated artificially with same results.
Any idea on how to explain this mismatch?
The information I found about this mode is only related to previous version of tesseract which gives different output.

Regards