Using tesstrain.sh to produce training data

Dave

Jun 7, 2020, 6:12:55 AM6/7/20
to tesseract-ocr

bad data.png

I am using tesstrain.sh to create training data from a font but the data it creates looks too dark to be good training data, is this because of the font or am I missing something?

Shree Devi Kumar

Jun 7, 2020, 10:19:06 AM6/7/20
to tesseract-ocr
Try with --exposures   "-3 -2 -1"
(DEFAULT IS 0)

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 3:42 PM Dave <caged...@gmail.com> wrote:

bad data.png

I am using tesstrain.sh to create training data from a font but the data it creates looks too dark to be good training data, is this because of the font or am I missing something?

Dave

Jun 7, 2020, 11:41:55 AM6/7/20
to tesseract-ocr

Annotation 2020-06-07 183858.jpg

It seems to help but even at  --exposures "-7"  some of the characters are all black: