Tesseract slow performance

supriya Das

Oct 14, 2015, 6:08:24 AM10/14/15
to tesseract-ocr
Hello Every Body,

    I am using tesseract2.0 but it is very much slow. when i am trying to do ocr of a large document . it is taking very much time can you suggest how to solve this one.

Thanks and Regards.
Supriya Das.

Kaushal Behere

Oct 15, 2015, 3:31:54 PM10/15/15
to tesseract-ocr
First of all i think this is not the latest version which is available on code.google.com. Please make sure you are using the latest one as there are many bug fixes in recent releases.
Secondly I would like to know that are you using the direct command prompt version of the TOCR?? If yes then it is a bit hard to utilize this as there are memory optimization issues in here.
If you would like, then let me help though i am not sure but weeny software has a tool which is quite faster than this.
I am working on the code, which will use multiple other OCR engines to extract the data.

supriya Das

Oct 26, 2015, 12:35:27 AM10/26/15
to tesseract-ocr
Hello kaushal
   Thanks for getting response from you. I have tried to build to latest version of tesseract code from github, but there was a problem for building. can you tell me which version are you using. I am using library of tesseract. and please give me details about weeny software .

Kaushal Behere

Oct 26, 2015, 1:21:09 AM10/26/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

The version available on code.google.com for download is 3.02 : https://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/downloads/list which is of 12.9 MB.

Are you trying to use SDK or just the software ?

Regards

Kaushal Behere

Cell: +91. 977-354-0268

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM, supriya Das <supriy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (supriy...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Hello kaushal
   Thanks for getting response from you. I have tried to build to latest version of tesseract code from github, but there was a problem for building. can you tell me which version are you using. I am using library of tesseract. and please give me details about weeny software .

zdenko podobny

Oct 26, 2015, 6:53:43 AM10/26/15
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
How you tried to build it? Wich revision?
What kind of error you got? What is your OS?

Zdenko

supriya Das

Oct 27, 2015, 5:27:16 AM10/27/15
to tesseract-ocr
hello kaushal,

   thanks for your response. Yes I am trying to use SDK.

supriya Das

Oct 27, 2015, 5:34:00 AM10/27/15
to tesseract-ocr

Hello Zdenko,

   Thanks for your response.
   1. I have downloaded solution file for tesseract from github.
   2. The version is 3.04.
   3. I am mainly getting error from leptonica site. i am using leptonica 1.71. Getting some linking error.
   4. using OS Windows Server(standard) service pack 2.