Python wrappers for Tesseract

Mehul Bhardwaj

Apr 13, 2018, 6:39:12 AM4/13/18
to tesseract-ocr
Hi,

I am trying to train Tesseract-3.05 for a new language.

I am processing images using PIL and then need some post processing on the predicted text. For this I am using python. I use a python-tesseract wrapper in my python code to return the box file data in the form of a dictionary.

My question is this: When I train tesseract on my local machine, do such wrappers also give me an updated output? Or will training tesseract separately have no effect on the output of the wrapper? If this is true (no effect) how can I update the wrapper so that it gives me updated output after every round of training?

I am working on Ubuntu 16.04, tesseract-3.05, python-2.7 and using Pytesseract/tesserocr.

Best Regards
Mehul