LSTM + Tesseract is better than LSTM Best

THintz

Mar 6, 2018, 3:55:31 PM3/6/18
to tesseract-ocr
For basic bi-tonal G4 TIFF at 240 DPI, LSTM Best is not as good as LSTM + Tesseract, OEM = 2, using stock train data on Win64.  OEM 2 is now unsupported?

Is this a factor of my build or is the loss of OEM 2 an issue for everyone?

ShreeDevi Kumar

Mar 7, 2018, 12:12:59 AM3/7/18
to tesser...@googlegroups.com
oem 2 is unsupported for traineddata files from tessdata_fast and tessdata_best. It should still work with trainedata files  from tessdata repo.

There is an issue tracking scenarios where the 'legacy' tesseract is better than the new LSTM. You can add more details there, if you like.

ShreeDevi

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 2:25 AM, THintz <tdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
For basic bi-tonal G4 TIFF at 240 DPI, LSTM Best is not as good as LSTM + Tesseract, OEM = 2, using stock train data on Win64.  OEM 2 is now unsupported?

Is this a factor of my build or is the loss of OEM 2 an issue for everyone?

Tom Hintz

Mar 7, 2018, 12:16:50 AM3/7/18
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

I understand the need to use the correct traindata.  I'll isolate and report if I can find the issue.

ShreeDevi Kumar

Mar 7, 2018, 1:03:26 AM3/7/18
to tesser...@googlegroups.com

Removing the legacy OCR Engine #707

 Open
amitdo opened this issue on Feb 7, 2017 · 72 comments

ShreeDevi